SAU Community

Sydney Auto Salon June 2008

subie

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys i went today and it was ok....i have some pics will upload wen i find my cable.....but it wasn't better than olympic park...very very small venue and not enough cars....i was pretty disapointed in how small the venue was.....well i hope final battle is much better and hope its at olympic park....and hopefully my car is ready to enter with SAU...by the way SAU had a great setup good job guys........great location right beside the dyno.....it was also nice to see the R35 in the flesh.....well pics will be soon

I have to agree with silverbullet, the venue was very, very small. My partner and I got there at just after 10am, so they were still setting up. There didn't seem to be that many cars and the Horden Pavillion has got nothing on Olympic Park. Does anyone know if there is a rundown of the day, by that I mean they should have a breakdown of the day so ppl know what will be on and at what time. I remember a few years back the dyno was at around midday.

Maybe it was because it wasn't Final Battle but I was a bit disappointed...

it was my first time at autosalon it was ok!

did u check out the other side? cause there was 2 parts we almost went home when we finished on the side with the dyno!

lucky i we just saw a glimpse of another car on the other side!

Yeah, pretty weird how they had 2 sides, but yeah i saw the SAU side, bloody great! and had the mad chance of watching the R35 up on the Dyno. 500+ kw!! I fink it was.

Nice day though, but needs to be at Olympic, and with a hell alot more cars.

MRXTCZ

You will all be happy to know that we walked away with 2 awards. 1. best club display 2. best club performance.

No dought this was due to carl and his massive 538kw in his stunning V35.

I hope doof is not knocking off again

OI! I was a good boy this weekend! I didn't have a helper to take my place :P

hey guys i went today and it was ok....i have some pics will upload wen i find my cable.....but it wasn't better than olympic park...very very small venue and not enough cars....i was pretty disapointed in how small the venue was.....well i hope final battle is much better and hope its at olympic park....and hopefully my car is ready to enter with SAU...by the way SAU had a great setup good job guys........great location right beside the dyno.....it was also nice to see the R35 in the flesh.....well pics will be soon
I have to agree with silverbullet, the venue was very, very small. My partner and I got there at just after 10am, so they were still setting up. There didn't seem to be that many cars and the Horden Pavillion has got nothing on Olympic Park. Does anyone know if there is a rundown of the day, by that I mean they should have a breakdown of the day so ppl know what will be on and at what time. I remember a few years back the dyno was at around midday.

Maybe it was because it wasn't Final Battle but I was a bit disappointed...

it was my first time at autosalon it was ok!

did u check out the other side? cause there was 2 parts we almost went home when we finished on the side with the dyno!

lucky i we just saw a glimpse of another car on the other side!

Quite a few people had no idea there were 2 halls... They actually changed the exit on Sunday. You came in through hall one, and had to exit through hall 2 :laugh:

Yeah, pretty weird how they had 2 sides, but yeah i saw the SAU side, bloody great! and had the mad chance of watching the R35 up on the Dyno. 500+ kw!! I fink it was.

Nice day though, but needs to be at Olympic, and with a hell alot more cars.

MRXTCZ

I don't think it was quite that... it was 300kw (just under) on the standard tune, then to be honest, I don't remember what it made... But yeah, I was sitting my ass inside the gate there watching it :D

We chucked the V35 on after that, I think we beat it with that run, I don't remember... goldfish memory and all...

You will all be happy to know that we walked away with 2 awards. 1. best club display 2. best club performance.

No dought this was due to carl and his massive 538kw in his stunning V35.

Yes indeedy :) although techincally, I think we walked away with about 8 trophies??? :laugh:

Carl's fantastic run with 538kw out of the V35 sounded phenomenal! Then he blew a head gasket... then he only got 450kw :laugh:

Either way, was a great weekend, thanks goes out to everyone that helped.. excuse the goldfish memory and shittiness with names: Paul, Mrs Paul, Yidz, Mrs Yidz, Kuma, Blonde haired girl that owned a crazy cat, Kumas house mate that drove us (even though we had to go back cause i'm mildly retarded), Carl, Carls son, Carls wife, Carls Daughter, Carls car :P, Loz and her friends, Ian, Mr Baron, Goldzilla, Charlie for some comic relief :P, red bull, fold out seats, Jasmine, Taylor, xbox... hope we can all do it again some time! :D

Now, tonight will be the first time I DON'T sleep on a couch with a sadistic cat making my life hell... omg I so can't wait! :D

Fantastic effort by all involved! I would have dearly loved to have my car there but it wasn't meant to be. Also, being sick and pertinent family commitments didn't help the situation.

Congratulations to Steve, Paul, and all the participants on doing the club proud.

Congrats to Carl for a beautiful car and excellent dyno result.

Fantastic result guys!! Steve, well done mate, you must be very happy. I'm really sorry my car wasn't ready for this, I promise I'll attend the next one :laugh: Also, you can pick that headlight and exhaust up whenever you want mate.

Nice photo btw, who's the lovely female in it? :laugh:

What a freaking awesome weekend I'm currently a bit delirious from the lack of sleep but it was such a rush. I've never been in a large scale car show before like that but the entry price is well worth it when you look at it from a competitor's point of view rather than a spectator, not because you can get inside the dyno cage and stand in front of those snot-nosed kids with pocket shooter cameras leaning against the fence but I think it feels like you've worked hard to get there.

I still think it would've been a different story had we decided to get on the cans on Saturday night but in hindsight i'm glad we were too tired to get drunk.

At last count I shot just under 620 pictures and spent more time standing up walking around than sitting down! :laugh: But it was all worth it, caught up with lots of old friends within the show circuit and met lots of new ones.

Thanks go out to Doofy and Paul for organising the show and getting it on the road: It would not have happened if you weren't in on it. The wood chip idea worked well and none of it made it's way into my car as much as I thought it would.

Thanks to Christian, Carl, Lauren, John and Carl for filling out the line up and playing a part in our weekend, it was a hoot hanging out with you guys and we all earned the trophies in the end. :P

I'd personally like to give special thanks to John (Kuma J) for offering accommodation to myself and Doofy to stay at, mate you're a legend and I hope the fuel cards save you some coin on the next visit to the BP. Also can you please stop feeding your cat speed or gas? i'd hate to think what else it might try and climb besides the curtains or steal something bigger than my homeless bag. :laugh: Pass on my thanks to your flat mates. :P

Call of the week goes to Carl upon meeting Jazz:

Me: "Carl do you mind if we use your car for 15mins for some photowork?"

Jazz: "Hi Carl"

*Carl glances at Jazz's boobs*

Carl: "hi....are they real?"

Jazz: "yeah they're real" *bounces*

Meanwhile the fellas get instant boneage or has a pants accident. :laugh:

Can't wait till next year. :P

Fantastic effort by all involved! I would have dearly loved to have my car there but it wasn't meant to be. Also, being sick and pertinent family commitments didn't help the situation.

Congratulations to Steve, Paul, and all the participants on doing the club proud.

Congrats to Carl for a beautiful car and excellent dyno result.

NXTIME :laugh: Can't wait to see your car when it's all done, I want to retain that 'Highest Club Power' award we so rightfully deserve :laugh:

Fantastic result guys!! Steve, well done mate, you must be very happy. I'm really sorry my car wasn't ready for this, I promise I'll attend the next one :P Also, you can pick that headlight and exhaust up whenever you want mate.

Nice photo btw, who's the lovely female in it? :laugh:

I am very happy indeed :P It's good to know that even in the face of adversity, cancellations and sleep stealing problems, we can still come together as a club and pull off a great show :P

Will probably grab them on the weekend, every weekend for the last 2 months have been pre booked... so I am up for some rest time now :D

That lovely female is Lauren, she drives a 33 with a very nice interior, and I'm sure she has more to do to it as well... She's been with us twice now, always love her company.