SAU Community

V35 Speed Limiter

• 1 month later...

On a R33 GTS-T, it is Wire 33 on ECU from memory and no I never dis it, although you can even put in a remote switch so it can be on or off. Although the Hicas light apparently fired up if you had it disconnected.

If someone told me what wire to cut, I would be in for that, if it was needed... As Br3ndan said, just re-join it. Surely unless you introduce a voltage spike it can not do too much.

Bit cheaper than $445 or even $150.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Garage Menace,

I just bought 2004 Skyline V35 350GT, and the speed limiter can be removed. There are two options, option 1 you can install speed limit defencer (SLD) by HKS with some wiring works which they call "level 1" or you can remapping/reprogramming your ECU without any additional equipment added or wiring works, which they call "level 2". The cleanest way is option 2 but you have to make sure the mechanic really know the stuff they are doing and according to the my mechanic the programme comes from Nissan Japan and they have done it alot over here in Malaysia and it will take about 1 hour to remapping the ECU. In Malaysia is cost about Malaysian Ringgit 1200.00 for level 1 works and Malaysian Ringgit 1800.00 for level 2 works.

• 4 weeks later...