SAU Community

V35 Speed Limiter

All,

What is the best way to remove the speed limiter from a 2003 V35 GT manual? I have searched and all I have found are "speed cut defenders are available", however I'm not overly sure what they are, where to get them and any negatives associated with them.

I am after the most reliable and cheapest method available without requiring a full ECU with the relevant tuning hassles. I do not intend to modify the car, just remove the speed limiter. I do not want to affect the fuel efficiency or any other tuning parameters the car.

Any suggestions including brands, suppliers and installers (preferably in SA) would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by Garage Menace

Just cut the wire for the speed limiter :D

that or install apexi rsm.

You may lose speed reading if ucut the speed limiter wire!!

Or if the v35 doesnt have one, cut the speed o meter wire :rofl:

All,

What is the best way to remove the speed limiter from a 2003 V35 GT manual? I have searched and all I have found are "speed cut defenders are available", however I'm not overly sure what they are, where to get them and any negatives associated with them.

I am after the most reliable and cheapest method available without requiring a full ECU with the relevant tuning hassles. I do not intend to modify the car, just remove the speed limiter. I do not want to affect the fuel efficiency or any other tuning parameters the car.

Any suggestions including brands, suppliers and installers (preferably in SA) would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

The speed cut defenders are what you're after. Just a colourful Japanese use of English.

They will simply do exactly what your after and your cheapest option.

Unless you decipher Chris' cryptic message and/or are as talented as him when it comes to electronics. :D

Chris is making this into a cryptic crossword puzzle!

I could have looked it up and told you which wire to tamper with..

need to make some of you think :D

one point I did miss though - auto or manual? if auto it may fool with the shifting and toss a code or two.

Edited by Chris Rogers

no. but someone saw my logic.

to be honest IF you clipped the wrong wire there is a good chance the car wouldn't move.

speed cut device would do nicely. unless somone can tell me the voltage and frequency the sender is operating at around that speed.

All,

Cheers.

HKS make a SLD for this. $445inc.

Cheers

Marty

Cutting wires doesnt require too much skill.. and if you cut the wrong one, then just solder it back again.

Ive clipped and spliced wires on my r33, when installing my apexi rsm to get rid of the speed limiter.

Not that hard, the apexi website gave me a diagram explaining what wire was what.

Took about 30 mins to install. and it worked perfectly! =)

Don't be too afraid to play around with your car! Its all about learning! hehe

Yeah im not surprised the V35 is more complicated... its a much newer car.

R33 is complicated enough for me! haha.

Anyway good luck!

But unless you gonna track it, cutting the speed limiter is not really needed.

top speed limit in WA is 110kmh.

going 180kmh+ on public roads is just f*cking stupid.

Everyone,

Thanks for the help, I think, though some of you are taking the piss... :)

Chris, I will freely admit I know nothing about car electronics, and have neither the time or inclination to learn, hence my question. Thatz where experts like you come in. Bombs and bullets, camouflage and concealment, rules of engagement, and fire and movement are my bread and butter...

Everyone, I welcome your continued input, and if anyone can advise of the cheapest reliable speed cut defender it would be appreciated.

Cheers.

PS. Itz for the track. I'm not an idiot.

PPS. Chris, itz a manual.

Edited by Garage Menace

haha, glad to hear ur not an idiot

i would go the apexi rsm to get rid of the speed limiter.

Then you also get other features such as lap times / Qtr mile times and power output ratings (just a few of the features it offers)!

I got mind 2nd hand for 150$ plus the G sensor, which senses how much G force the car is experiencing.. helps to make more accurate readings.

tell that to one of the guys I do work for. have a van here (nissan thing) that I have to totally rework for htis market. has two screens and he wants the LOT to work here. so nav,tv,dvd, radio and a few extras. it has to be zoned as well. have it for as long as I need it thank god but its fun. put it this way I have a scope,sig gen,meter out pinning the thing out.