SAU Community

Winton Raceway Track Day..

black_gtst

Hey guys, I've been down to a few fun days at Winton now, can't ask for a better day for $25. I'm definatly heading down on Saturday. I'm coming from Albury Wodonga. The BMW that was mentioned at the start of this topic is from Albury, and he will be down there again on Saturday if anyone wants to have a look. Very nice car. Also keep your eyes out for a yellow s/c commodore it's very quick. I will have my white R33 Gtst on the track, feel free to say gday, always up for a chat.

Hope to see you all there. The more Skylines the better, I love coming up against them at the fun days.

Cheers,

Brendan.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also keep your eyes out for a yellow s/c commodore it's very quick.

I remember that commodore. VN or VP I think. It was 1 of like 3 cars that passed me last time I went. I tried to keep with it but it's got some serious power and good brake package if I remember correctly. See ya there Brendan

Just an update on that BMW, probably won't be there on the week end as he snapped the crank shaft in it at his last track day. He has a new engine on the way though, so maybe next time. There is a slight chance it will be down there but I doubt it.

With the commodore, it's a VP and yes I know that feeling you get as it passes you on the track too.

I just fitted new front pads and a Hicas lock bar in the back, looking forward to seeing the difference the lock bar makes on the track.

Catch you there,

Brendan,

BTW. I'm a GTR virgin on the track so if anyone feels like giving me a ride.... well if I get out of my car that is.

The commodore is doubtful too its getting a cage this week and might not be there.

Its defiantly worth the $30 just for a few laps as a passenger in that beast. :D

The commo aint that quick...sorry to dissappoint...

December last year i attended in a 180sx, minimal interior, primer with red bonnet and guards, white wheels, white front bar lol.

Was running 180kw, BB IHI, v-mount, z32 front brakes, isc coilovers, and street tyres...he couldnt catch me?

With the commodore, it's a VP and yes I know that feeling you get as it passes you on the track too.

I don't mind getting passed by a commodore. Good to see one well set up.

I'm ready to go now. Swapped some tyres around so I've got RE55 fronts and Toyo R888 rears. Will be interesting to see how the toyo's go coz I had RE55's at sandown but they're dead now. Only thing is the car keeps getting a flat battery. It sit's for too long between events. Anyone taking jumper leads? Mine have melted and haven't bought new ones yet.

lap times are a good way to judge..

russ, i want to see what times you get at winton! im very tempted to come up there...

Yeah man. Come up. Fun/cheap day on sat and times on sunday!

What is a good RWD time for winton? What should I aim for?

i can throw some jump leads in russ. Im lookin forward to this! got a feeling its gunna be a top day! weather lookin good too!

Thanks for that Brett. I'm charging it up over this week so hopefully it recovers so we don't need to use them.

If i come up it would only be for saturday... Bris did a 36 but had to pass a ferrari on the outside at dutton and ive done a 39. cant rmember any of the other rwds. i think newton did a 39 also in Juz's car.

are you staying up there friday night?

If i come up it would only be for saturday... Bris did a 36 but had to pass a ferrari on the outside at dutton and ive done a 39. cant rmember any of the other rwds. i think newton did a 39 also in Juz's car.

are you staying up there friday night?

Cool so under 40's is the place to be!

I'm going up sat morning and staying sat night. Unfortunately I can't come up friday.

Mat Femino (Femno) and others are in benalla friday night though.

Hey guys im heading up on friday night so we can have a whole day of fun on saturday cant wait...........

also i noticed Leigh asking if he could be a passenger in one of your guys Line id love to sit in with one of you guys for a lap or two if its ok as my cars N/A and never been in a properly worked line.....anyway il see you all there

Dion.

What a top weekend Saturday was so busy. There was at least 200+ cars, traffic so heavy out on the track it was stopped going round one of the corners at one stage. But like most fun days the arvo ended being much quieter allowing for plenty of free track time.

The sprints today were great fun first time i've done them. The weather was a bit dodgy today raining a bit in the morning ended up with a 1.46 lap time on street tyres. My lack of talent managed to get the 'Near Miss Award" for my moment coming on to the main straight that eventually came to a gentle halt against the v8's pit wall.

Russman you certainly set some good times in the gts-t and Femno was very quick on street rubber as well. Nice to meet you guys hopefully you'll be back in September.

Sprint Results here

Edited by code blue

yeah i had a blast on saturday! was a few dik heads but always is. was good fun! came for a look at sprints today, how dam cold was it!!! was nice 2 put a few names to faces.

hope everyone elses weekend was good