SAU Community

Southeast's Best Drives

Dantay

if u have another weekend free, there's some great roads in behind gold coast, head toward "the natural bridge" (GPS it) then back onto the M1 via mount tambourine. Not much traffic and great scenery

Just got home from this one, was an awesome day I really enjoyed it. Mt Mee was nice and the west end of Mt Nebo/Mt Glorious road was way tighter then I expected, really really enjoyed Mt Nebo road. farks me how people in cars can speed through there I thought doing 80 was pretty fun! and thats the speed limit.

really glad i did the drive now, found some no limit roads out just east of Kilcoy too.

Yeah... I've been out on that road, and lets just say the posted speed limit was ignored, and I was quite scared. 80k is good up there.

• 5 months later...
if u have another weekend free, there's some great roads in behind gold coast, head toward "the natural bridge" (GPS it) then back onto the M1 via mount tambourine. Not much traffic and great scenery

+1 for thats ^^^

Great view and one hell of a drive without even speeding :sick: i just love to appreciate the sound of my wastegate opening as i leave every corner, :)

Try Binna Burra nice drive and you can have something to eat there and look straight down into the valey and int the Hinze dam then head down beechmont road towards nerang and head right down murwillumbah road to the natural bridge (make sure you do the short walk :( GREAT) then follow on till you cross into NSW and head back on the M1.. Great drive just have to watch the wildlife lol but great even in any car..

Or for something to get your oil temp up and heart racing (and thats without speeding to would you belive) try heeding into canungra and up tamborine Mountain Road.. Bit of a goat track and only one lane with stop lights in one bit but good fun then you could stop at one of the wineries enjoy the view and the head down the back of the mountain and pop out near Movie World or head down the back way..

Well just my 2 cents but well worth alook through the UBD or GPS..

Drive Safe All.. :sick:

try a trip to the Border Ranges.. out to Beaudesert >>>> Rathdowney>>>> Kyogle [via Lions Road]. once at Kyogle, turn left [east] out to the coast, then return up the coast, or turn right [west] and return to Brizzy via Mt Lindsay Hwy. this is a great trip for Photography with Mt Warning or Mt Barney, the Border Loop railway tunnel [on Lions Rd] and beautiful Running Creek, which you will cross a dozen times or so as you follow the valley floor; pretty cool, especially this time of the year with all the rain we have had. you would need a full day to do do this trip; well worth the fuel though!.

Did the Lions road and the bellbird yesterday. always an awesome drive.thinkin about a look at queen mary today. Too many sunday drivers during the hols tho. The drive around moogerah dam is another hottie. Not very long but some of the best shit.

Did the Lions road and the bellbird yesterday. always an awesome drive.thinkin about a look at queen mary today. Too many sunday drivers during the hols tho. The drive around moogerah dam is another hottie. Not very long but some of the best shit.

yeah, ther bellbirds are in fine voice this time of the year; I was on the Mt Lindsay Hwy a week ago [near the border x-ing] and they were letting all hell break loose. great to witnss.