SAU Community

Premier Tinting - $100 special

A mate told me that Premier are having a special on their window tinting, $100 for all windows. That's for the lower quality tint. If you want the high quality titanium metal tint, it will cost you $195, but that's still damn good. They even have a car collection service, not that i'd trust them driving my skyline!!!

Just thought i'd let people know.... if anyone knows anywhere in Melbourne that's cheaper, post it up!

Cheers,

Andrew

My sister got my car tinted as a present and it turned out like shit. That was from a Premier store. There was a bubble in my back window, not cut around the window properly. Shit job.

I know a person who does it for me and friends for about 170 dollars. He just done my line and it looks good, except it got scratch in it from the window going up and down, so I will be takin it back to him to fix b/c some shit would hae done that. Not sure about what type of tint.

well a mate of mine got his tinting done, looks like they did a fantastic job. They did 20% on the back and 30% on the sides (i think, might have been 35%). The tint was cut right to the edge of the window and an all round good job!

I got my Skyline done @ Premier Tint in Liverpool and the job is fine. The cut is excellent. But the film bubbles during drying. I've had them replace it on my drivers side and passenger side front windows because it had been 8 weeks and still hadnt dried out. Now it looks fine all round.

yeah... the reason is they use water to help the film stick to the window, they also use a glue. And they squigy it out but there is still some water left behind the tint. When the tint/glue cures it pulls onto the window and forces the water out through the tint as it's porous and all the littl bubbling disappears. They say if it doesn't they will do it again. I had my old shitty tint removed from the back window and quarter windows as it was too dark and going purple. I wouldn't have minded 20% all round but as skylines are fairly attractive to police i didn't want to get done becaus i had slightly darker tinting. And if you stack the car, the insurance companies are cracking down and testing window tints with a light meter and cancelling the policies... so you'll be left with no car!

So i decided to go legal... you only need legal tint on moving windows, so the back and quarter windows were done with the darkest tint.

nope... i was told that they can put what ever they like on the windows that don't move, ie back and quarter windows. The moving windows are 35% darkness to be legal, and they aren't allowed to tint the windscreen at all

My sister offered to get my windows tinted for my 21st birthday which is in a few weeks. I will go ahead with it. I am thinking of going with express tinting at moorooka (brisbane) next to the matilda. Should get a good deal cuz my mates family run the matilda and he is good mates with the tinting bloke.

I dont mind chipping in a bit more for the best tint and lifetime warranty. Any recomendations?

yeah no worries scotty - need to compare the quality of the 195 jobbie to the 100 buck jobbie.

I will be WTF?!?! if it still bubbles.

can anyone verify the claim that the rear and side windows can be darker than legal, but the moving windows need to be darkest legal?

i can... i had it done and that's what the premier tinting guy told me when i dropped the car off... I got 20% on the back and rear quarter windows, and 35% (legal) on the side moving ones. If it bubbles they will replace it for free.