SAU Community

Do 19x9.5 Sit Wide Enough On A R34 Gtr?

Hi, most of the Rays wheels seem to be 19x9.5 or 19x10.5

The 10.5 inch wide ones are NOT street legal in NSW (more than 1 inch wicder than stock wheel)

So, do the 9.5 inch ones sit wide enough, ie: flush with the guard or do they sit too far in? Can you get an offset to sit wide enough in 9.5 inch?

Thanks

You've got a wide choice of offsets with Ray wheels. Check out their site and see what's available. Once you have a list of the offsets for that width in front of you, learn how to use the offset calculator (if you haven't already) and see which offset will make the wheels most flush with your guards.

Sorry I can't help any more, I'm not familiar with R34 GTR guards.

Edit: The standard wheel sizes are 18x9 with an offset of +30. Going wider with the same offset will give you a small guard clearance and inside clearance. Lower offsets will result in wider stance (if they both were the same width).

Just play around with the calculator and measure how much guard clearance you've got. Also don't forget to think about tyre sizes.

Edited by adam-__-

9.5" +12 (LMGT4 or TE37 are 2 examples in this size) will sit well in your guards.

10.5" +15 or +18 are a bit better.

Use a wheel offset calculator to see the difference (google).

Your stock R34 GTR wheel size and offset is 18x9" +30, but they sit way to far inside the guards IMO. You need to come out about 25mm to fill the guards on the stock wheels.

Hi, most of the Rays wheels seem to be 19x9.5 or 19x10.5

The 10.5 inch wide ones are NOT street legal in NSW (more than 1 inch wicder than stock wheel)

So, do the 9.5 inch ones sit wide enough, ie: flush with the guard or do they sit too far in? Can you get an offset to sit wide enough in 9.5 inch?

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about legality and rim width. Technically 19x9.5 +12 aren't legal either because they increase the track (outer measurement from the edge of the two rear tyres). You are definitely not likely to get busted for either because its too difficult for cops to remember and also its not 'top of mind' when defecting someone.

The only way to be legal is to have sunken battle ship offset which looks really crap (like stock) and 1inch wider and bigger rims. In which case you will look like you bought your rims from tempe!

Volk Racing have a new 19X10 inch 'Gold Tuning Fork' style out there. Series R30 I think. Good size dish and gets just to the guards of a R34 GTR with 265 tyres.

Should be on HJC Sports website.

should have gone 10.5 +12 much much better looking, i have them in te37 on my gtr :rofl:

Cant be bothered to get defected for having them to wide. The cops are stringent where I live.

9.5 +12 with 265's will still look the goods

Edited by Bakes