tial 38mm wastegate

tial 50mm BOV

XTR fitting kit

intercooler kit

Malpassi Rising Rate Fuel pressure Reg

Turbo cover

I live in perth and if anyone knows of somewhere better to get these parts

please share. :O

yeh know that but dunno if GCG have bad rep.

their prices reasonable?

delivery times ok?

have only just started with enquiries and was told bout GCG

If there is sumwhere decent in perth that anyone recomends id rather deal with them..

Well have a look, its in your own best interest to shop around mate.

You'll soon see if the price is good or not, there are heaps of turbo sellers in Aus and prices can vary month to month depending etc.

re: delivery times, ring them and ask em how long.

GCG, MTQ, ATS, ATP etc, all sell turbos, all are fine

I have no problem with GCG as they are local to me and so it's convenient.

They are a bit pricey on a few things but having local support is worthwhile so it doesn't bother me so much.

You don't want a malpassi reg. Waste of money.

My other issue is the fitting kit. It is handy as it has all the bits you need to fit up the turbo but if i were to do it again i'd look at getting the water lines in braided speedflow or earls lines rather than the heat sleeved rubber the gcg kit comes with. I have already cooked one and have since redone the water lines.

If i were you i'd find a local turbo supplier for all of the little bits and pieces like gaskets and lines, check the traders forums for good deals on the turbo and wastegate, manifold etc.

It can be hard to get to talk to Brett Lloyd of GCG but there's not alot going on in the Garrett performance turbo world he doesn't have access to .

BTW the 7 year HKS/Garrett exclusivity tie up is long over so basically if Garrett make the parts he can supply if available ex Garrett Japan .

IMO the Garrett marketed GT3040 (GT3082R) is a dog , that's not to say it won't work it's just that you can do better .

The GT3540R (GT3582R) has a larger turbine that's better suited to driving that compressor wheel .

Again IMO if you must use a GT3040/GT3082R get the HKS spec one because its compressor is an 82mm 50T rather than an 82mm 56T and more within the capabilities of the GT30 turbine .

Comp housing wise the HKS spec 50T version uses a garden variety T04S 0.70 A/R one so nothing special on the cold side .

Gotta run , cheers A .

ive only heard good things about GCG turbochargers. which made me get my turbo highflowed. sent off my turbo and got my turbo back in 3days and hasnt missed a beat after 2years on the boost :)

yeh i was considering using the GT3582R but didnt know how much slower

it would spool up. does anyone know from experience what rpm it would reach

full boost with the GT3582R on a rb25/30?

on the topic of garret turbo's from gcg...

whats the general opinion of the gt3071r (internal wastegate) with the gcg rear housing/6bolt dump for a rb25's?

simonr32 had very good results with that turbo. He'd be the guy to comment on it. I know cubes has commented how well that turbo works with an rb25 somewhere on the forum