SAU Community

Dp1 - Ground Up Track Car

GeeTR

Iv been following this for half a decade now. Only today thought others might not know of it. Did a search for "DP1" - nothing mentioned.

http://www.dpcars.net/dp1dsn/index.htm, then click the 1 in the top right corner, to take you to the 2002 design start.

The work and access to quality commercial industry work is mind boggling. I THOROUGHLY recommend brewing some coffee, and sitting down to read it from start to finish, if your at ALL mechanically minded. Keen an eye on the log dates, and the sites a little raw, and you can find yourself getting fast forwarded.

Enjoy :D

Edited by GeeTR

Glad uv enjoyed. Iv was obsessed a fews back about making a tube frame (think edge buggy with slicks) with a 1L turbo bike motor, alas it been regated to the 'list" :bunny: When you really look into the inherent driving characteristics of an all out, track cart with almost more HP then KG, it can change the way you see your own personal motorsport requirement :P I'm happy pouring all my $ into my squishy 1.5 tonne road car for now lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump bump! :D

Not being a wanker, just making sure ppl get exposure to this thread. Its intensely impressive reading about someones desires, and how they translate into CAD designs, more thoughts, manufacture then use. Its a auto mech eng wet dream.

• 2 weeks later...

GeeTr,

This an awesome find.

Im a few pages in and being from an Industrial Design background, im finding it engrossing. This guy is doing everything right and it seems money is of no concern so all power to him.

Its refreshing to see someone go at a "project" like this in a major way. Top stuff.

Cheers for the link.

E beer fer ya. :ermm:

Spotted this thread almost a week ago, have returned having gone to have a look, and ending up reading pretty well the whole site :| (Reading about the current and past cars/bikes is extensive to say the least...)

Absolutely awesome.

Honestly I still have a stiff I think. Can't believe the engineering nous used and general level of detail and effort involved...

Im staggered. Pure awesome. Thanks so much for sharing :laugh: