SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

May be you guy's could just hard'n up a frac, it was going before you guy's started rallying,

and it will be going on long after we all finish!!!, no point sooking over it!!!

Just my opinoin.. :cool:

Yeah i herd the same thing that he has lost his nerve abit, but maybe like Garwood after his smash in Targa a couple of years ago said he would never race a car again and he came back better than ever, it might just take time before he's keen again

What Happened to you and Matt? or were you never doing TWP just the big one? I couldn't remember cos now your not listed on either entry list

May be you guy's could just hard'n up a frac, it was going before you guy's started rallying,

and it will be going on long after we all finish!!!, no point sooking over it!!!

Just my opinoin.. :cool:

Haha, you gravel boys are all the same John :)

What Happened to you and Matt? or were you never doing TWP just the big one? I couldn't remember cos now your not listed on either entry list

Yeah we where entered but only a couple of weeks out the GTR run in to some mechanical problems we couldn't sort them out in time and the car had a brand new motor in it and Matt didn't wont to push things. We have just entered Targa Rookie now so we are going to have the GTR better prepared now anyway as for TWP the GTR was going to still have the old Bilsteins in it from when Marlin owned it and few other thing we pushing it for time to be ready anyway.

Taking the GTR over on the boat tomorrow night back to RacePace to be sorted and also have new suspension set up put in and hopefully the car well be all set and ready for Targa and then it well be just up to us to have a crack and hope we have better luck as we found out what could go wrong went wrong at the worst of times but that seems to be norm around here some time lol

Edited by RAZOR32

Your old girl with some new boots! she still looks really good, the BBS looked great but couldn't fit the new brakes on it with them.

Ben at RacePace said its abit to pretty to tarmac rally haha

post-22388-1265158821_thumb.jpg

post-22388-1265159195_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAZOR32

Your old girl with some new boots! she still looks really good, the BBS looked great but couldn't fit the new brakes on it with them.

Ben at RacePace said its abit to pretty to tarmac rally haha

Dam that's nice! :cool:

savman -

connector on the fuel pump relay loosened up on dave ayers' 33... btw: how tough does his car look with the bronze rims!

the supperleggera r is an australian model produced from all genuine lamborghini parts with 120 pages of lamborghini documentation... think rx8 sp.

rexdan -

penned in whitfield road for thc back in december!... love the bit where you drive at the sky with the cliff face and power lines, that section is just as awesome in coming back up the hill!

kel -

thanks lady!... the weekend was good fun, shame we lost those two stages, but thanks to a star picket impaled horse, crash needing two ambulances, two fires on a total fire ban day and a collapsed spectator we were simply running out of time.

marlin -

you know it gorgeous!

re corner cutting, priority wasn't given to this at twp... some tt there will be no white lines either as a new system is being implemented that will discourage corner cutting or clipping.

yeah lots of fuel sampling was done and a number of vehicles failed pre-event... these vehicles were all found to be using the correct fuel during the event. although one e85 vehicle was penalised saturday night for using incorrect e85.

savman -

connector on the fuel pump relay loosened up on dave ayers' 33... btw: how tough does his car look with the bronze rims!

the supperleggera r is an australian model produced from all genuine lamborghini parts with 120 pages of lamborghini documentation... think rx8 sp.

yeah lots of fuel sampling was done and a number of vehicles failed pre-event... these vehicles were all found to be using the correct fuel during the event. although one e85 vehicle was penalised saturday night for using incorrect e85.

bloody gtr fuel pums, we found out on the way to the sidling last year, that the fuel pump control modual earths through the case it's in. The car died cause the nuts had rattled loose, and the case lost contat with the body. The car looks awsome with the bronze rims, but the wheels sit too far inboard needs more aggresive offset or spacers :P

RE E85: I heard you could (legally) get it from 2 sources, and one was a lot cheaper than the other. Is that the case?

rexdan -

penned in whitfield road for thc back in december!... love the bit where you drive at the sky with the cliff face and power lines, that section is just as awesome in coming back up the hill!

kel -

thanks lady!... the weekend was good fun, shame we lost those two stages, but thanks to a star picket impaled horse, crash needing two ambulances, two fires on a total fire ban day and a collapsed spectator we were simply running out of time.

The entire strech from Whitfield to the power lines is just brilliant. Looking forward to tackling it :P

The 'incorrect' E85 you speak of being used, was that E85 obtained from another supplier (ie not through the official TWP channels)

or an incorrect blend?

The entire strech from Whitfield to the power lines is just brilliant. Looking forward to tackling it :P

The 'incorrect' E85 you speak of being used, was that E85 obtained from another supplier (ie not through the official TWP channels)

or an incorrect blend?

I know the person who got the fine, and they bought it over from Victoria, cost him

about $2.35, including getting it to the service area's, it's criminal to charge $4.00 a litre for E85!!..

and it was not Targa's E85 so they pinned him for running higher octane unleaded, even when he

said, "it's not unleaded, it's E85"..

Edited by Burgz32

re corner cutting, priority wasn't given to this at twp... some tt there will be no white lines either as a new system is being implemented that will discourage corner cutting or clipping.

should fix it....

tirespike.JPG

^^^^if they used that snow man there would be no evos running after the first day.

ive driven through some stages after the cars ( behind sweep car) and the amount of gravel pulled up is astounding. but i dont care i like targa.

I know the person who got the fine, and they bought it over from Victoria, cost him

about $2.35, including getting it to the service area's, it's criminal to charge $4.00 a litre for E85!!..

and it was not Targa's E85 so they pinned him for running higher octane unleaded, even when he

said, "it's not unleaded, it's E85"..

I take it you mean he had the car filled up when it came over???

If not im intrigued how he managed to get it across if he came on the spirit :D

I take it you mean he had the car filled up when it came over???

If not im intrigued how he managed to get it across if he came on the spirit :)

He filled the car up in Melbourne, then filled a 44 gal drum, and i shipped it over for him!!!

Was this person a Skyline driver? I know of an STi driver who was thinking of doing the same. :)

Either way, $4+ for E85 seems a little steep does it not? Does limiting supply through only 1 channel have ACCC implications?