SAU Community

Gtrs Turbo Kit On Rb20det

Ive done a bit of searching on this turbo... there not many opinions on this...

My mechanic suggested that i slap a GTRS turbo kit on my rb20det but i think i heard they might be a bit laggy.. is this true?

does anyone have one of these on their RB20? when does full boost come in rpm?

cheers

Further to that .. my mechanic also sugested 700 cc injectors... would that be over kill?

Edited by StOjA32

im currently looking at my turbo options as well. for that turbo size the gtr 444cc injectors will be enough. they are good for 265rwkw.

theres mixed opinions about the gtrs esp for its price being garrett items are t25 not t3.

im thinking going the rb20 gcg hi flow, but it all depends what power you want. im aiming for around 230rwkw as responsively as possible, i hope this is the correct option.

sorry but this may be abit of a hijack, but will a stock afm suffice for this goal?

sorry but this may be abit of a hijack, but will a stock afm suffice for this goal?

I doubt it very much.

Anything over 170-180rwkw you will need to upgrade to something like a z32 AFM

Cheers

Same dyno, both std RB20s, same intercoolers, similar exhausts, the TD06 had adjustable cam gears and the TD06 had a different tuner. But you can see below the TD06 is more responsive and perhaps a tad ore powerful, though my car was running more boost so....

gallery_462_50_8431.jpg

You can see the boost curve is very similar between the TD06 and the GT-RS

gallery_462_50_171164.jpg

im pretty sure 230rwkw is possible with the GTRS .. isnt it?

- You say 444 injectors are good for my goals .. could somone please explain to me what happens if the injectors are too big...?