SAU Community

My On Going 260rs Drama

msports180

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And i have an appointment with a lawyer next wednesday to see if i can take personal action against the guy i baught the car from.

Not to be rude or a smart arse please take this the right way, But why would you take action against the previouse owner? did you not have the car checked out before you puschased it?

I know you have had a hard time and i know you feel like you have been given a sh*t hand, but before you post up things like that ask your self one question "Was there any thing you could of done to prevent your self buying this car?" or did you see "260RS" an just jump in full steam a head?

Please dont take this the wrong way im just giving my 2c worth, some things can be prevented if the right action is taken. I had a mate that owned a subaru WRX EVO, uno the banana yellow ones with the black rims? well he sold his car and the guy that got it smashed the sh*t outta it for a week blew the grearbox up and then tried to return the car. I know your not to blame but is he, if you didnt have the car checked before you purchased it?

Not to be rude or a smart arse please take this the right way, But why would you take action against the previouse owner? did you not have the car checked out before you puschased it?

I know you have had a hard time and i know you feel like you have been given a sh*t hand, but before you post up things like that ask your self one question "Was there any thing you could of done to prevent your self buying this car?" or did you see "260RS" an just jump in full steam a head?

Please dont take this the wrong way im just giving my 2c worth, some things can be prevented if the right action is taken. I had a mate that owned a subaru WRX EVO, uno the banana yellow ones with the black rims? well he sold his car and the guy that got it smashed the sh*t outta it for a week blew the grearbox up and then tried to return the car. I know your not to blame but is he, if you didnt have the car checked before you purchased it?

Nah its ok mate i know what you mean.

The reason i can get him for something i cant really post up here.

I had the car checked out b4 buying and i definatly put some thaught into it. The rust i was told was minor, i was told this from the panel beater, they obviously have a diffrent perspective to minor.

Nah its ok mate i know what you mean.

The reason i can get him for something i cant really post up here.

I had the car checked out b4 buying and i definatly put some thaught into it. The rust i was told was minor, i was told this from the panel beater, they obviously have a diffrent perspective to minor.

to easy mate then i think you should go all out against the panel beaters. not to sure what you mean about not being able to post up here ?

I havnt seen the rust so im not 100% sure. Apparently from the complience guys it just starting to get into the rails. I will know when i get it here i guess. There main concern was more if we couldnt remove the rust completely it would keep rusting underneath the paint underbody sealer etc and just get unsafe in the event of an accident. I guess the rust just got worse in the 10months from when i baught it to the time it finnally got there... ive seen brand new falcons rust through the sils from sitting on car yards.

Unfortuantly atm im in the stage where i need to take someones word for it. The contact i had in QLD helping with the car is away for a while atm so i cant get him to go have a look.

I havnt seen the rust so im not 100% sure. Apparently from the complience guys it just starting to get into the rails. I will know when i get it here i guess. There main concern was more if we couldnt remove the rust completely it would keep rusting underneath the paint underbody sealer etc and just get unsafe in the event of an accident. I guess the rust just got worse in the 10months from when i baught it to the time it finnally got there... ive seen brand new falcons rust through the sils from sitting on car yards.

Unfortuantly atm im in the stage where i need to take someones word for it. The contact i had in QLD helping with the car is away for a while atm so i cant get him to go have a look.

I don't believe in throwing good money after bad but I would like to encourage you to perservere with your RS260... but only on the basis of a proper financial analysis . If you stop now and wreck the car for parts I suspect you will not recoup a whole lot. If you can get someone (maybe another member nearer your car can recommend a panelbeater or insurance assessor) to have a look at your car to estimate how many $$$ it will cost to complete and if (as should be the case) you can get a time extension for compliance because of extenuating circumstances then maybe you will be better to finish repairing the car ... and then you can decide whether to keep or sell it. Without knowing all the facts it looks as though you have a good case for getting compensation from the panelbeater who sat on the car for so long whether or not you end up completing it. I understand that you will be more than fed up but a little more effort may pay off!

My sympathies anyway and good luck.

...Bob

Unfortunately it's a one-time deal with compliance - if the car has been rejected (and the paperwork has been sent to Canberra), then the car can never be complied and registered. Ever.

Neil, give me a ring 0402 904 069, or text me the name of the workshop doing the compliance. If they haven't sent the paperwork off to compliance, there's an outside chance they may let you transfer the compliance to another workshop, but it's a very slim chance.

A few suggestions guys - never ever buy an uncomplied car off a random person, for this exact reason, or at the very least until the compliance workshop has done its initial inspection. I know it's not possible in this case, but wherever you can, try and organise compliance in your own state - it may cost more, but at least you (and they) know you can hypothetically wander in with a baseball bat if things start getting ridiculous. And I hate to say it, but a good import broker, in this situation, would probably have had the problem solved 12 months ago...

It's probably of little consolation, Neil, but you can have a free broker's fee from me if you want to get something else from Japan. I'm a car enthusiast, but more importantly, I'm a Dad to three young kids, and I know what pressures these sorts of dramas can place on relationships when you're getting no sleep whatsover.

Well where do i start??

so i paid for the car in november 07 may get it august 08... what a flaming joke, has been at the panel beaters for over 5 months all up.

I feel for you mate. However try and look on the bright side, there is always someone worse off. We paid for our M35 in early 2007 and are still no closer to driving it. Our case is well documented on this forum and it is not just private sellers you have to be wary of.

Muz

^^ Actually Muz, (sorry to go OT here), I did get word just yesterday that someone in NSW is having a genuine crack at late model emissions for M35s at the moment. I'm not sure if it's related to your car or not, but either way there may be a light at the end of that very long dark tunnel of yours.

Unfortunately it's a one-time deal with compliance - if the car has been rejected (and the paperwork has been sent to Canberra), then the car can never be complied and registered. Ever.

Neil, give me a ring 0402 904 069, or text me the name of the workshop doing the compliance. If they haven't sent the paperwork off to compliance, there's an outside chance they may let you transfer the compliance to another workshop, but it's a very slim chance.

A few suggestions guys - never ever buy an uncomplied car off a random person, for this exact reason, or at the very least until the compliance workshop has done its initial inspection. I know it's not possible in this case, but wherever you can, try and organise compliance in your own state - it may cost more, but at least you (and they) know you can hypothetically wander in with a baseball bat if things start getting ridiculous. And I hate to say it, but a good import broker, in this situation, would probably have had the problem solved 12 months ago...

It's probably of little consolation, Neil, but you can have a free broker's fee from me if you want to get something else from Japan. I'm a car enthusiast, but more importantly, I'm a Dad to three young kids, and I know what pressures these sorts of dramas can place on relationships when you're getting no sleep whatsover.

Thanks for the help man.

I was told by the compliance agent that you have to get the vehicle complied where the import approval was done? Im not sure if they have sent the paperwork off yet.

Problem is this has consumed so much of my time and money even if i could get permision to get it complied in WA I dont have the money now to get it done. And in all honesty i have lost all interest in this car now. And then for all i know the rust might be that bad it cant be fixed.

The car leaves queensland wednesday on its way to me.

OK

Went to perth yesterday and picked up a stock series 1 with a blown turbo for 5k, changed the turbo at a mates house (took 3 1/2 hours), drained all the oil out of the piping and FMIC. Started and drove fine apart from desperately needing new plugs. Made all the way home (150k's) and barely gave it any boost as didnt wana break down, it was 930 by the time i left perth. Got to the suburb where i live and two streets away thought id try it on boost, gave it half throttle went ok, turned down my street, did the same and the new 2nd hand turbo i put on went pop! Its disintegrated the turbine wheel!! only running stock boost to!! Dammit!

Sooo the cars back in peices again now as i source another turbo and do it again. I will drive it stock for a while whilst my autech is on its way. Then start the conversion soon. Im really starting to think im not supposed to own a stagea...

pics of the turbine wheel:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m238/Ms...80/DSC02170.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m238/Ms...80/DSC02171.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m238/Ms...80/DSC02169.jpg

some crappy pics of the new bus (its high coz its on axle stands):

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m238/Ms...80/DSC02176.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m238/Ms...80/DSC02175.jpg

I will be selling all the series 1 stuff i dont need.