SAU Community

Kkr Turbochargers

BigDirtyJase

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, is ~200awkw possible with the standard r34/S2 smic?

yes

just

180kw for sure

200 is pushing the boundries (IMO) for heatsoak in hot aussie summers

yes

just

180kw for sure

200 is pushing the boundries (IMO) for heatsoak in hot aussie summers

boost down or water/metho mix sprayed on the sidemount :(

i went against a FMIC as it blocks the rad a bit.

Hi Ryan, there are 275 PM's in the inbox and not one of them is from you, so I have no idea what it is that you want. So I sent you a PM asking exactly that.

Cheers

Gary

i use e-mail too :(

replied.

Well I got a quote from AXT Turbo out in Dandenong to "hiflow" my turbo with new steel wheel and upgarde to 360 degree thrust bearings for $1450 also depends on if my exhaust and compressor housings are usable. price also includes any mods that need to be done if any to oil/water feeds

add $550 if I want to be lazy (get them to remove and refit from my car)

is that a good price and has anyone here had their turbo done by AXT??

Well I got a quote from AXT Turbo out in Dandenong to "hiflow" my turbo with new steel wheel and upgarde to 360 degree thrust bearings for $1450 also depends on if my exhaust and compressor housings are usable. price also includes any mods that need to be done if any to oil/water feeds

add $550 if I want to be lazy (get them to remove and refit from my car)

is that a good price and has anyone here had their turbo done by AXT??

Drop in at Kev at eastern just for a chat.... he's been around for 20+years iirc

gary, my slide turbo is exactly like that

awesome response, slightly slower off the line Id imagine compared to a rb20 housing, but nevertheless for $800 wow what value

^^^ I'm with Tangles. Love my Slide turbo ... great bang for buck :(

Too small for an rb25.

Yes it will be very responsive, but would max out at about 215-220rwkw, pretty poor upgrade considering a std turbo can make 210rwkw (max).

A HKS GT2535 (new style) or a HKS GTRS are nice on rb25's

dude, a hks gt2530 would be great for a heavy Stagea

would absolutely rip off the line and rev thru to redline, slam thru the auto and keep on going.....

yes, would be maxxed at 220awkw, but shit mate, no different to my Slide turbo. I cant see how she'd go past 225, but damn its a great ride there !

yes a gt2535 would take the stagea to 250, but depends on what you want and bang for buck.

250kw for $2200 new or 220kw $1100 2ndhand, its each to their own really

fyi: having a touch up tune this friday, getting 3 leaks fixed (attessa oring, rocker cover gasket, oil pressure switch), with the toshi ecu rewritten chip and 2x piggybacks, and now the unrestricted exhaust (cat was shagged at 190kw), should be good.

I did read alot of turbo forums and got conflicting information....some say they are shit but yet some say they are good and had no problems

I just wanted to see if anybody here has installed them...and what their experiences were

There is a 6 or 7 page thread in Forced Induction about KKR and everything associated.

Basically anything surrounding performance you should be checking out Forced Induction as its generally been covered in a level of detail thats pretty damn good :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the guys hasn't sold it because he relisted it again...might make him an offer for it. I wonder if $600US (including delivery) is enough to make the seller bite.

Pretty much the major thing i'm looking at if i do get it is what condition it's in (even though the seller says its in good condition with no shaft play) I guess a service wouldn't hurt

hi jason

you were given lots of good advice at the beginning of the thread.

why not take that advice and buy one of the 'quality' options rather than trying to save a few hundred on an unknown turbo with unknown results, unknown reliability and unknown quality.

unless the standard turbo has actually failed then it will be good for about 200rwkw. if the ceramic turbine ends up in the cat then go and buy something decent or a well inspected 2nd hand standard turbo.

thanks for the advice...it's not like I have gone "stuff what everyone else thinks, I'll do my own thing" - That would have got me a KKR Turbo and forever be told "I told you so" when it goes wrong. But yes a 'quality' turbo is what everybody wants but people can't afford it (like me) and have other upgrades to do as well. (plus target horsepower is not out of this earth)

I'm going to bang for buck. Obviously I'm on a tight budget and sometimes looking for the cheap way out may be good.

Tangles - yes that turbo is oil and water cooled (it's a standard R33 Turbo that had the wheels changed over to steel)

Tangles - yes that turbo is oil and water cooled (it's a standard R33 Turbo that had the wheels changed over to steel)

yeah i asked the seller as well, not a bad price for a turbo that will push 14psi