SAU Community

New Skyline owner

Just after some info, hopefully you can help me out with the answers.

I have just purchased a 1993 M'spec r32, totally stock (17inch rims) and was wondering what the best first mods to make are, I have owned two turbo cars prior to the skyline (2ltr 180sx, A4 turbo Quattro) and they both responded well to exhaust, intake mods so i am assuming the skyline will aswell !.

the car has suede interior, is this normal.

I want to take the rear spoiler off does anyone know roughly how much it costs to get the holes repaired (in sydney).

To get the GTR look bonnet do you get the factory one modified, buy a kit, or find a gtr bonnet?

Finally do the members of this site often/ever organise cruzes, motor kahners etc i would be interested in attending

thank you in advance!

Welcome to the board Pekatu.

I understand that the velour trim is standard for series I gtst, series 2 has cloth seats.

no idea on the boot holes.

GTR bonnet, you need new bonnet, lights etc.

There are regular cruises, track days etc held, details are posted in the Events seciton of the NSW forum.

There's plenty more information on these topics on the boards, try the search function.

Suede = Yes

Boot lid = $200 - $300

Bonnet = You CAN mod yours but it will cost a fortune and will probably look crap, just try adn find a GTR one even if it is damaged. Your lights will be fine.

Mods =

1. Exhaust (Full from turbo as dump pipe is very restrictive)

2. Filter (In box)

3. Filter (pod with CAI)

4. Bleed valve (not too much)

5. FMIC

6. Bleed valve (to 14psi on stock turbo)

7. Engine management (chip, safc etc)

8. Turbo (VG30 is cheap and good for 220rwkw)

9. TURBO (bigger, ball-bearing)

10. ENGINE MANAGEMENT (Better than prior if you go cheap)

11. Injectors (550cc)

12. Internals, timing etc

The best piece of advice I can offer is get it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing after each major mod or boost increas.

thanks for the info, but i'm a little confused, some are saying the lights will not match the gtr bonnet and some are saying they will be ok, have any of you done the conversion or seen the results of someone elses bonnet change?

If you look on the inside end (Furtherest from indicator) of the lights there are some plastic tabs this is where the GTR grill would be attached to so in fact your lights are the same as the GTR lights. I know of 2 people with GTR bonnets on their gtst and there was no need to change the lights.

Have fun, the grill shouldn't be an issue as there are several companies that do an aftermarket version of the stock grill but the bonnet is the trick as they are fairly sort after and normally priced accordingly, don't forget that they are aluminium so be carefull when shutting or you will dent it :stupid: