SAU Community

Electric Mirrors

BIT SUS

the electric folding function on my mirrors doesnt work very well, i have to "help" the mirrors fold in. i think the motoros need a clean out, or something has seized a little.

anyone know how to get them apart to clean the motors?

ive had the mirror off, and the mirror off the pivot plate, but i cant get the motor out of the mirror itself. ideas people?

thanks. Nigel

ours did exactly the same thing - so I took it all apart- found there was a screw missing - replaced the screw with the nearest equivalent I could find - put it all back together again - and it started working!

the electric folding function on my mirrors doesnt work very well, i have to "help" the mirrors fold in. i think the motoros need a clean out, or something has seized a little.

anyone know how to get them apart to clean the motors?

ive had the mirror off, and the mirror off the pivot plate, but i cant get the motor out of the mirror itself. ideas people?

thanks. Nigel

I have the same problem with my mirrors they won't fold in. They did a year or so ago and then didn't work. I think it might be the case of a wire or something has come lose as when you click the switch nothing happens not even a motor noise it's as if it's completely dead?

I have the same problem with my mirrors they won't fold in. They did a year or so ago and then didn't work. I think it might be the case of a wire or something has come lose as when you click the switch nothing happens not even a motor noise it's as if it's completely dead?

hmms. i can hear my motors spinning away. Found last night that previous owner have sikaflexed the left mirror rigid :( . right mirror starts folding, then gets stuck, but a gentle bump with the hand, and it fold the rest of the way in. how much are replacement mirrors? i assume alot?

hmms. i can hear my motors spinning away. Found last night that previous owner have sikaflexed the left mirror rigid :dry: . right mirror starts folding, then gets stuck, but a gentle bump with the hand, and it fold the rest of the way in. how much are replacement mirrors? i assume alot?

nissan dealership wanted to charge me 600 dollars for the entire mirror assembly and about 300-and-something for the folding motor. i think i can live without it

mirrors are cheap and plentiful off of the auctions second hand. i can help if you need

ooh, how much for a pair of working midnight blue RS260 S1 mirrors delivered to SA? lol