SAU Community

Can A Rb25 Turbo Produce 200 Kw?

hey guys :(

can you plz tell me wether a rb25 turbo can produce 200KW ATW as i dont have the room to go any bigger for a turbo as the situation with the rb20 squeezing into my car.

if not will high flowing or something else get it there???

:laugh: thanks for all ur help.

in short, generally speaking you will fall just short (190 odd RWKW) from previous experience with a 25 turbo on a RB20, that is if you are using the stock 32 computer with no remap on a healthy RB20 etc. If it is remapped you should pull just a tad over the 200-210 mark but there are so many varibles so i cant give u an exact estimation.

High flowing the 25 turbo will pull the power you want, however you will also get reduced throttle response (read LAG) from this higher flowing turbo.

short answer is yes.

long answer is not if you want it to last a while.

people have run the RB25 turbo on an RB20 with remap and almost 14psi to get around the 190rwkw mark.

that sort of boost and more is just asking for eventual trouble.

that stock RB25 turbo can be hiflowed for about $2K (ball bearing centre) and be able to flow enough air to produce around 240rwkw... but you will be left with more lag up to around 4000rpm where things start to come alive.

short answer is yes.

long answer is not if you want it to last a while.

people have run the RB25 turbo on an RB20 with remap and almost 14psi to get around the 190rwkw mark.

that sort of boost and more is just asking for eventual trouble.

that stock RB25 turbo can be hiflowed for about $2K (ball bearing centre) and be able to flow enough air to produce around 240rwkw... but you will be left with more lag up to around 4000rpm where things start to come alive.

okay so 4000 rpm is there any way of dropping those numbers to a healthy 3000rpm???

the reason this is being done is because the motor is in a e30 and there is about 20mm from turbo to the chassis rail GAY!!!

and from that info u have been told there isn't much help but you may be able to help with this???

i want 200kw atw and will basically do anything to get it just check out the myspace for pics www.myspace.com/iamjarryd

plz help me :rofl:

MINE HAS JUST OVER 200 KW ATW WITH 850 INJECTORS LARGER FUEL PUMP AND A LINK EMS AT 14 PSI WITH THE STOCK SNAIL. AND YES IM UPGRADING MY TURBO WHEN I CAN.

okay surley u have done more than that like cams etc and what are link ems???

thanks

^^^ link ems (engine management system) is an aftermarket ecu. and i think he is talking about an R33.

just get a R33 stock turbo and put it on, run 13-14psi through it (wont be a problem on an RB20), get the car tuned and see what power output you get. if your worried about turbo clearance issues with the R33 turbo, dont. there is almost no external physical size differance in the two turbos (R32 and R33) its the internals of the R33 turbo that are bigger.

if you still dont get the power your after then get the turbo hiflowed. but i dont think you will see much change from 3500 to 4000rpm for full boost, even on a stock R33 turbo, which isn't that bad at all really.

should have gone SR20 dude..

with a stock S15 turbo bolted to it with usual mods it would have pulled 200rwkw and be less laggy than the RB20 with stock turbo

no 2 ways about it.

rb25 turbo "may" get you there depending on dyno.

a hiflow definitely will... but will increase lag.

Edited by GTST

should have gone SR20 dude..

with a stock S15 turbo bolted to it with usual mods it would have pulled 200rwkw and be less laggy than the RB20 with stock turbo

no 2 ways about it.

rb25 turbo "may" get you there depending on dyno.

a hiflow definitely will... but will increase lag.

yeah maybe but i also should have looked at dropping a supra enging in there to i know they fit but it was the money issue at the time