SAU Community

Which Tyre For R33?

Kujotk

I am due for some new tyres. The front two don't match for starters. The front drivers is bold. The front passenger is a Potenza GTIII. The Rears are some shitty $115 chinese jobs.

The current sizes I have on atm is 235/45/17 for the front, and 245/45/17 for the rears.

I find that the potenza is gripping pretty good when i turn right and the weight of the car is on it, and when i turn left the car slides abit easier so i know the potenza is the better one out of the 4.

I was talking to an independent who recons that Yokohamas grip better than bridgestones but they ware out alittle faster... are yokos better for grip really?

What do you guys recommend is a good tyre for both street and track at a reasonable price?

could you give a brand and type of tyre and an estimate price if possible???? I am alittle lost with the hard to come by genuwine unbiased information and people don't want to give prices over the phone for some reason.

also my cheap $115 rears that came from compliance dont seem to give me the g-force that my friends automatic standard 4 door gets. My line is a r33 series 2 thats about 170kw at the wheels, could I blame the lack of thrust on the shitty tyres????

not to mention i give them a 1/10 rating in the wet.... and dump clutching it in any speed up to about 70km/h causes allot of wheel spin.

cheers guys

Hey buddy, get RE-001 tyres and you wont be dissapointed. They are very grippy, dont ware down quickly (assuming your allignment is correct and you dont take every corner like your on that track) and reasonably priced compared to others. About 250 - 300 each depending on where you go. I have RE-001R tyres which are alother step up, i got them with my wheels. They are awesome and i have heard they are selling them in AUS now too. Not sure on price yet. RE range is potenza btw