SAU Community

Who Wants P I Z Z A!

Marsss

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just letting you all know that in order to prevent "slip ups" with behavior, I will be making a registry of all vehicles attending (Make, model, No. plate, etc.) We DO NOT want any negative type of attention as this goes against everything that the club stands for.

We are car enthusiasts out for a night of pizza and conversation and not to have mini races on the way there.. or to see how much rubber we can burn.

You are now aware, fun will be had, but on the right side of the law.

Thank you all in advance.

i think ill make this my first SAU cruise, so count me in.

Quick question, if i was to buy a CB , what should i be looking for, Brands? Functions? etc.

well ultimately you'd want one that can receive and transmit...

look for above 1W if you want anyone else to hear you outher than your passenger...

um.. don't pay more than $100

Ebay is the best place to get it, IMO

Quick question, if i was to buy a CB , what should i be looking for, Brands? Functions? etc.

Jaycar sell CBs and such, if I was buying a cheap one that's where I'd go. :P

For my 21st my parents gave me a Icom IC-41S. It is 5W and has more functions I can poke multiple sticks at, but I use it for work, when I go camping and on cruises... it gets a fair work out. Retails at $399 (which I only just found out, I'm really not worth that much lol) and is apparently very popular in mines and industrial applications. It's also made in Japan, always a plus :P. Realistically, this is very much overkill for what I need, but it does the job and will last ages, especially since it has a metal shell under the plastic to protect it from any would be epic dropage from great hights/speeds.

(good thing my plates are random and hard to remember... and my car is a sleeper... burnouts here i come!)

hahahaha i hope thats a joke steve, plates dont stand out, massive black wing doesnt stand out on a white car, awesome backfire when you are shifting down..... (still inlove with your car, can i touch her exhaust holes????? or mabey her head lights???)

nah i got a couple of unidens for christmas as a kid for me and my brother to be idiots with in the bush, they meant to be 0.5watts and rated for 3km distance but we can talk to each other from castle hill to north parramatta (both on hills) and straight line distance would be atleast 8 km's, but this was in the days that things wrent made in china and uniden is a pretty good brand,,, im sure they pretty cheap now, like $50 or something..... cb's are good though, when driving and my gf is following me and someone is being a dickhead to her she radios me and i cause them trouble lol....

also im not sure if its correct but there are a few repeater stations around sydney and the can amplify your message (well thats what i understand) so in the past i have spoken to people in bankstown when im in castle hill, not reliable but does happen

depends on your budget and how often you use it....

SATANIC n crew are now out due to technical issues... video documenting reason will be uploaded on Youtube tomorrow. Minor set back only, but nonetheless one that keeps us away from this event.

S