SAU Community

Skylines Act Formally Challenges The Act Supra Club

a20089

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will my wake field licence be good anough cause i dont really wont to renew my s2 cams at this stage. (and again i have to get the engine in first)

Sorry, CAMS L2S is minimum licence for SDMA - Wakie is ASSA and SDMA is CAMS

Licence can be obtained/renewed on the day at SDMA

I was told that was not the case now. You must be fully paid with CAMS before you are considered entered. You can finalise the paperwork on the day but the money must be paid prior.

Not that 2 days should stop anyone.

I was told that was not the case now. You must be fully paid with CAMS before you are considered entered. You can finalise the paperwork on the day but the money must be paid prior.

Not that 2 days should stop anyone.

Nope, you can get it on the day from the club... in fact they recommend it so that your 12months membership starts on your first race day. Just let them know thats what you're doing so they can have the forms printed/ready. Didn't you see all those Evo/Rex people getting their licences while u were at the last hillclimb?

I thought you can't get temp license for renewals....

Not sure which part you're referring to as a temp licence - The day membership is only for being a member of SDMA so you can try before you join or to cover off those who do not compete there often. CAMS is only for a year, SDMA will give you the CAMS 30 day temp licence (butt at the end of the page) to cover you until CAMS send your official licence through.

Both can be obtained on the day, but entry forms still have to be in on time (entries not accepted on the day) and let the Event Secretary know you are getting your membership and/or licence on race day when you put your entry forms in.

To compete you will need

1) entry forms in on time

2) SDMA membership (day or til June 30)

3) CAMS L2S licence (mimimum)

If you are a member of another CAMS affiliated club, it may be worth asking the President/Event Secretary if they will accept your entry without joining SDMA, however, its a good club to be involved in, they have been very supportive of me.

• 1 month later...

So we have Reece, Donnon, Michele, Mark, Chris at least, who else?

Even if not competing lets get out there and support those that are.

Supras look to be bringing Kristel so far confirmed. It would be so funny to see the only person with enougth balls to compete was a woman.

I went to the homepage of sdma and clicked the link for entry forms, just about as it was to open up in pdf, i got a window saying file is corrupt and could not be repaired! can anyone help?

p.s. just to confirm, i can pay the $10 sdma membership and the cams license $95 on the day(when i get there), BUT you must fill out the form and pay the $70 by thursday?

Is this correct? or can i pay everything on the day even the $70 event charge wich means total $175.

The soonest i'll be able to pay if i enter is on wednesday night(15th).

I went to the homepage of sdma and clicked the link for entry forms, just about as it was to open up in pdf, i got a window saying file is corrupt and could not be repaired! can anyone help?

p.s. just to confirm, i can pay the $10 sdma membership and the cams license $95 on the day(when i get there), BUT you must fill out the form and pay the $70 by thursday?

Is this correct? or can i pay everything on the day even the $70 event charge wich means total $175.

Try downloading again, worked for me. Save onto hard drive first if you have a slow connection.

Wednesday night is fine to pay by if EFTing it. I think you are correct about payment but please call Rob or someone from SDMA for confirmation.

You can either deposit all by Wednesday and fill forms on the day, or pay entries only and let them know when you email the entry forms (copy/paste deposit details in email) that you will be obtaining a CAMS licence and day club membership on the day. Print and sign you entry forms and take them with you to hand over in the morning (they have to have original forms with signature).

But you must have your entry forms emailed to them by closing date to run.

Everyone:

Anyone who would like to do this, but are feeling a bit uneasy and would like some support, please send me a PM and I'll give you a call and help where I can, because while it does feel a bit daunting at first, it really is a lot of fun and the club is very supportive.

Its affordable, its not too hard on your car (no different to any short bursts of spirited driving you may have done).

Don't forget your fire extinguisher, approved helmet (no obvious damage to helmet), standard seat belts okay but must be secure and work properly (not too frayed etc), check your steering wheel play is okay (not too wild). Some gaff tape over your positive battery terminal (if it doesn't already have a cover... another 5 second job)

I'll have some blue tape if you want to put a blue triangle on (battery location) on the day (5 second job).

Tyres can have some wear, but not completely bald (not as strict as rego)

I have a helmet you can borrow if you need.

I'm here, I'm happy to help, so please ask questions if you need.

You won't know what you're missing unless you try it.

Just DO IT!!!

OK, so i tried downloading it now onto my hard drive( the entry form from the home page of sdma), and still no good!

Once i open it, i get a window as mentioned, file is damaged and cannot be repaired, so i dont know what to do next?

I never had any issues with other files opening in the pdf software before... can someone try downloading the entry form again and see if it works for you, is there any other links besides the home page i can try downloading from?

cheers.

You can either deposit all by Wednesday and fill forms on the day, or pay entries only and let them know when you email the entry forms (copy/paste deposit details in email) that you will be obtaining a CAMS licence and day club membership on the day. Print and sign you entry forms and take them with you to hand over in the morning (they have to have original forms with signature).

But you must have your entry forms emailed to them by closing date to run.

Everyone:

Anyone who would like to do this, but are feeling a bit uneasy and would like some support, please send me a PM and I'll give you a call and help where I can, because while it does feel a bit daunting at first, it really is a lot of fun and the club is very supportive.

Its affordable, its not too hard on your car (no different to any short bursts of spirited driving you may have done).

Don't forget your fire extinguisher, approved helmet (no obvious damage to helmet), standard seat belts okay but must be secure and work properly (not too frayed etc), check your steering wheel play is okay (not too wild). Some gaff tape over your positive battery terminal (if it doesn't already have a cover... another 5 second job)

I'll have some blue tape if you want to put a blue triangle on (battery location) on the day (5 second job).

Tyres can have some wear, but not completely bald (not as strict as rego)

I have a helmet you can borrow if you need.

I'm here, I'm happy to help, so please ask questions if you need.

You won't know what you're missing unless you try it.

Just DO IT!!!

Bags the helmet and some blue tape :)