SAU Community

Stalling Stagea

dmonic1

hi guys im having a bit of an annoying stalling problem with my car. whilst under normal slow driving conditions in back streets or pulling up to intersctions etc the car will stall on me for some reason when i come to a stop. it seems to do it most when i take my foot off the accelerator and brake just as the auto wants to change into the next gear. it never does it if the engine is given a chance to do its own braking ie if i use the gears to help me slow down. even in neutral if i give the engine a free rev to anything over about 2 1/2 grand the car will not come back to idle but will actually stall.

so far i have a front mount, highflow turbo, pod filter, turbo back exhaust, greddy BOV and hard inlet pipe. the only thing i can think of is that my blow off valve is venting to atmosphere but i was having this problem before i put the hard intake pipe on and removed the plum back setup.

i can usually catch the revs before the car stalls but it has made driving the car a pain and the missus freaks out whenever the power steering cuts out around the millions of round abouts in my area. hope one of guys has fixed this problem before and can help me out.

ok cheers mate. i might block it off for a day or so and see if that fixes it first and then i will have to rig up a plum back hose to the hard intake pipe. i was having massive boost issue before i put the hard pipe on so i really want to leave that on there. the stock intake pipe was collapsing under anything more than 12psi.

yeah i totally understand what u are saying but i am using a trust airinx filter and the improvement i got when i put the hard pipe on was amazing. also i have a pretty big turbo on my car and it only started collapsing or giving me issues when i put that on and wound up the boost. i will get to putting my BOV back to plum back and see how i go with the stalling issue. any ideas on a remedy if returning it plum back doesnt solve my problem.

alternatively cutting the old intake pipe and replacing the middle section with a small length of alloy pipe will give you what you had before and no risk of it sucking shut and this will allow you to replace the factory bov.

nevertheless, if it is sucking shut it implies there is a restriction so perhaps that filter is an issue?

(sorry didn't realise larger turbo, what is it?)

Edited by wolverine

i like the idea of the alloy section cut into the original intake pipe. i have highflo GT3076 built by bill at ATS so i cant wait to put the manual box in so i can use my PFC and get the most of the mods i have done so far. should end up being pretty fun to drive being a RWD spec stagea with the suspension i have put in it so far.