SAU Community

R33 Exhaust Into S2 Stagea

webng

As the title states, is it an easy fit at an exhaust shop or is there a bit of stuffing around (i.e. expensive)? Looking at buying a 2nd hand R33 3" hi flow cat and cat back. And at a later date the 3" bellmouth from jjr. Thanks.

I Beleive the the cat you can use and defintely the jjr bellmouth fits (i'm getting that) but the catback exhaust system I beleive you can't - the bends are different. the Stagea Cat backs are pretty much straight whereas the R33 has a bend after the diff.

Plus I don't think the R33 exhaust will reach all the way through.

As I said this is my rough guess...so to answer your question - it can get expensive to modify your exhaust. best bet custom build it and sell the R33 exhaust

Looks like it'll be too much stuffing around trying to fot a R33 exhaust then.

How about this, 3" bellmouth, 3" hi flow cat, 2.5" cat back... is that bad or even possible?

thanks.

After thinking about it, probably not a good idea going from a 3' front/dump pipe, 3" hiflow cat to a 2.5" cat-back is it. Back pressure?

Any idea what the standard front pipe diameter is?

Looks like it'll be too much stuffing around trying to fot a R33 exhaust then.

How about this, 3" bellmouth, 3" hi flow cat, 2.5" cat back... is that bad or even possible?

thanks.

Thats all im running in mine. A 3inch r33 xforce front pipe and 3 inch high flow cat and the standard 2.5inch cat back system. Ull notice a slight power gain and it wont do any harm.

go 3 inch all the way- no sense in introducing any restrictions that are not needed

we have a 3 inch full system now - not too noisy at all !

got the JJR Bellmouth and Cat - and we already had an existing 3 inch catback system

good luck ! pm me if you need any details- I had a bit of screwing around to do to get it rught

It pays to try the search button first before starting a new thread;

I have an R32GTR Nismo exhaust on my Stagea. It was quiet, but effective on the GTR (300 rwkw) and seems equally so on the Stagea. Makes no more noise than standard at up to 3,000 rpm, so great from highway running perspective, zero resonance. Over 3,000 rpm it allows the normal RB type howl, audible but never annoying.

The guys at Liverpool Exhaust and I modified it to fit the Stagea, added around 100 mm before the rear subframe and around 80 mm after the rear muffler (ie; extended the tail pipe). Then simply moved the exhaust hangers to suite the Stagea.

The R33 exhaust is pretty much the same as the R32, just different hanger location. The Stagea hangers look like the R33 ones so my gues is you wouldn't have to move them like I did with the R32 exhaust.

Cheers

Gary

Yes i did search and yeah i read that, but wasn't sure about the r32 and r33 differences.

Ok cool, so looks like not too much buggering around then.

Another question, apparently the r33 cat fits right? how about the r34 cat? will that fit nicely?

It pays to try the search button first before starting a new thread;

The R33 exhaust is pretty much the same as the R32, just different hanger location. The Stagea hangers look like the R33 ones so my gues is you wouldn't have to move them like I did with the R32 exhaust.

Cheers

Gary

Alright, so it looks like i will get the jjr bellmouth, an r34 metal cat and a r33 aftermarket catback and hopefully the exhaust shop can install without too much difficulty. :D

cats are cats mate. all the bolt in ones are the same length.

the easiest way is to get most of it sorted (eg buy a front pipe and cat back) and then give it to an exhaust shop for the required minor adjustments

Nick, Im 99% positive my catback exhaust 3" pipe is originally from a R33 (sedan?). from cat to pre-diff its normal, but there is a cut and welded section (have a kneel underneath. want to catch up?) where a bend was potentially cut out and a straight section welded on, then my Kakimoto Racing GTR 3" in/out centre/centre muffler is welded on. JJR bell dump, Random tech race cat, cat back pipe & Kakimoto Racing gtr muffler, all under $700 fitted.

definately do-able, just take all the parts to exhaust shop and tell them to make them fit. I use morphett vale Carline Mufflers. they'll be able to do it no probs

Thanks Brendon, just wanted to make sure before i pass over my hard earned $$. :blink:

Nick, Im 99% positive my catback exhaust 3" pipe is originally from a R33 (sedan?). from cat to pre-diff its normal, but there is a cut and welded section (have a kneel underneath. want to catch up?) where a bend was potentially cut out and a straight section welded on, then my Kakimoto Racing GTR 3" in/out centre/centre muffler is welded on. JJR bell dump, Random tech race cat, cat back pipe & Kakimoto Racing gtr muffler, all under $700 fitted.

definately do-able, just take all the parts to exhaust shop and tell them to make them fit. I use morphett vale Carline Mufflers. they'll be able to do it no probs

what xforce muffler did you get??

cant post a pic ...cant even save it but if u go to there web ... xforce.com go to mufflers , then go to the twin tip section and go 3rd down in the middle MPO1 ..... trying to keep it looking standerd ... havent got it yet .... soonish

cant post a pic ...cant even save it but if u go to there web ... xforce.com go to mufflers , then go to the twin tip section and go 3rd down in the middle MPO1 ..... trying to keep it looking standerd ... havent got it yet .... soonish

You need a twin 4" muffler...

IMG_0033.jpg