SAU Community

Rb26/30 Into S14 Series 2

UR33DY

hey guys,

looking at doing the conversion. i know it's not the easyest conversion but have sourced some good parts at a price i can't refuse.

i mainly want feed back on the weight of the engine going into the silvia, will it stll be good to throw around??

my other concern is the bonnet closing with this engine.

i know that people use R33 cross member and use a block of some sort to sit the cross member lower??- but not 100% on this

not chasing massive numbers i'd be happy with 350rwkw and lots of torque

just mainly need to clear up a few concerns....

cheers in advance.

You'd be better off asking on a nissan silva wouldnt you?

I mean among the donkeys i think there would be a few who've done this. :ninja:

URAS here on the forums has done it, but i cant think of any other users

yeah,

i posted the same topic on nissan silvia too...

thanks.

from what i gathered from nissan siliva they just use the stock r33 engine cross member (which all bolts straight up), then to get the extra clearence they use shorter mounts. A bloke on nissan silva used 2L cortina mounts, funny but it worked, drop the engine a shite load. He was running just a rb25det, but the extra clearance he gained i would think that the 38mm taller rb30 block would fit nicely.

It doesnt have to be 2L cortina mounts, just go through an engine mount catelog and just get a set of flat mounts that dont have locating points that are "shorter" than the r33's, but since the cortina mount has been proven you'd be crazy not to have a look at that first.

Other than that, theres a few little problems, like not many people run aircon in the s14a with the rb25 conversions because they tend to overheat (i dont understand why it would, but thats the common problem), and you'll have to buy some decent thin thermos (but in the scheme of things thats nothing)

Worst case senario, even with the lower mounts, a vented/bonnet bulge should see it home.

Goodluck with it, the s14a wont know what hit it :thanks:

Edited by R34GTFOUR

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies,

well i"ve got the 26 head decked, ported & cams so its ready to go, just got some price's today on a tomei oil pump & it was something like $2100, 2 months ago they were $1500 :)

even pistons & rods have gone up $400each as well, so just taken it slow with the bottom end don't wanna blow the budget lol.

intrested to know if anyone has had experiance with this NITO brand that Croydon Racing Developments are Producing/using.

seems they have a well priced oil pump but i have never heard of this brand NITO?