SAU Community

Business Opportunity

long33

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Ps do amway... But they only do because they like the products, so they pay their membership just so they get the stuff cheaper (saving works out more than the membership fees). But yeah, you can get suckkered in.

To me, this sounds like something different, like an actual scam where you give them money, and they use it for a one way ticket to Menorca, and we all know how hard it is to get people back from there!

This sounds like the telecommunications thing going around. You sign people up to a new provider and get a kick back from each bill and for every new “employee” you bring in you get a finders fee and a small cut from each bill of the customers your friend brings in.

is this one of those schemes that you get to go on a free holiday.. but they dont let you leave until you buy an apartment??

like on south park ? where they go to the ski resort.. and they keep ending up back in the same room.. and dont get to leave until they buy a share in it LOL

i been to one of these that u get a free holiday but u got to buy time share (trendwest )in brissie lol it was a waste of time

My ex did Amway, it wasn't bad for him cos basically him and his family just wanted the cheap stuff, cos it actually was okay, but in terms of building a business it was ridiculous and I don't give a shit how good people tell you it is, it never is unless you work yourself to the bone and love making people feel uncomfortable by getting them to buy stuff they never wanted.

But please, do tell :nyaanyaa:

My ex did Amway, it wasn't bad for him cos basically him and his family just wanted the cheap stuff, cos it actually was okay, but in terms of building a business it was ridiculous and I don't give a shit how good people tell you it is, it never is unless you work yourself to the bone and love making people feel uncomfortable by getting them to buy stuff they never wanted.

But please, do tell :thanks:

i would like to respond to a few of the negative comments that say how stupid it is and such

i know many people that are in amway and doing quite well.. and for those bagging it maybe you should do some research to back up your lack of knowledge responses, cos the amway company has been around longer then most of you have lived yet you know better.. its one of the few privately owned companies in the world that is entirely debt free..

and as for getting in and hassling people to also do the same, its based around internet shopping and word of mouth, cutting out the retailers mark ups which in turn saves you $$ and its delivered to your door.. the products are exactly the same as you purchase from (insert supermarket company name) all the big name brands, coca cola etc. you name it they have it...

as for the getting people to join its no different as to giving a recommendation, if you see a good movie do you tell someone to go see it? if i can buy my groceries cheaper then you and wouldnt you like that shared..

as for the expensive cost in getting involved.. read that site.. its like $200 to join.. thats expensive? pff i doubt it..

oh but you have to work yourself to the bone... blah blah blah.. yeh cos busting your ass for your current boss for the next 30yrs is really getting you that big fancy house and all the best things life has to offer.. fools.. let me show you a real pyramid people.. employee (you) - your supervisor(earns slightly more then you) his boss - the manager - the director- and owner.. whos at the top of the tree here.. its not you..

hence why people have the ambition to try new things.. if you dont try you dont know...

if you dont have the intelligence to go to a business meeting and sus it for yourself thats fine cos because financial freedom isnt for everyone..

the real point is people dont let sum random on a forum or you neighbour or whoever decide whats best for you cos they dont pay your bills..

and thats for amway and any other multi level marketing business out there.. go be an entropenuer..

and as for the original poster, mate this is not the place to be offering business opportunities..

Edited by 02_FNE

There is a little bit more to it then that. :thanks: Amway is a multi level marketing business. What that means is that in theory, you become a distributor for Amway products which you then onsell and make a profit.

In reality, money is made through Amway by signing people up to become new distributors. Of course, you can't charge a signing fee or receive commission for this because that is illegal (classed as a pyramid scheme). Amway get's around this legal issue by selling training packs, startup kits and other things which they convince you that you HAVE to buy in order to make money. Of course, they charge exorbinant prices for all of this start up gear.

It is possible to make money from Amway, but you need to put in a lot of time and basically you end up trying to sell shit to all your family and friends that they don't really want, and trying to sign them up for the same shit. Hence the thread by the OP - sign more people up, get more money. You can't make money doing it in your spare time despite what anyone tells you. The only people who can make money off this are slimey, unethical, smooth talking types who can sucker other people into believing that it is a "great business opportunity".

It is a pyramid scheme that is carefully worked to be legal. OP - get the f**k out as fast as you can. Don't give these "business men and women" any money, tell them to f**k off and die. I seriously hope that you are just naive and don't understand what you are getting into, rather then trying to sucker people into this forum.

for the record champ you cant make f*k all by selling product to people.. thats not what its about at all..

yes you need to show people the business opportunity, however you do not want people to join to sell products..

by introducing people to the concept of saving money on products they they purchase and use everyday.. in turn the company (in this case being AMWAY) gives you commission on the people you introduce.. ie. i go see batman and its a bloody good movie, so i tell you to go see it, wow you do so the production company says g's thanks for the word of mouth heres x amount of dollars..

hate these things all you like people but dont talk negative or positive about things that you zero or limited education on..

Problem is... in multi level marketing there is a very fine line (as defined by Australian state and federal law- you have a problem you can take it up with them) between ENTREPRENEUR and CRIMINAL. I have seen first hand the damage a company that was around for YEARS as a multi-level marketing company- called Omega Trend. This company and its 'entrepreneurs' has recently been in a world of trouble and many of them are in jail for being part of a 'pyramid scheme'.

Multi-level marketing is one of the more dodgy forms of business, and if you disagree, then you are living in a bit of naivity!

totally agree RGR33

i apologise if i used the yrs of operation as a reason for it being good..

as with absolutely any business op you should do your research to the fullist..

but as i did say the Amway corp is totally debt free.. google how many companies can say that..

im not trying to convince any one here, just merely giving a different side of the fence opinion..

Edited by 02_FNE

just did some research on omegatrend, and funnily enough it was started by 2 people formally of the amway corp..

amway sanctioned appeals against this business and tried to shut it down as it was a copy but an attempted shortcut, that was as mentioned caught out..

omegatrend was started in 1990 in australia-perth..

Amway was started in 1959 in michigan.. it has jumped through every hoop asked of it time and time again

So let me guess 02_FNE - you're involved in Amway. "Save money on the products you buy and use everyday" - that's the typical marketing bullshit that people who are involved in Amway sprout.

The fact is, people who get involved in this shit turn out to the the most annoying friends/family members you can have because that are constantly hawking their rubbish products to you, and trying to get you to come along to a "Free seminar".

If you get rich off Amway you are scum - because being scum is the only way you can get rich with their methods.

So let me guess 02_FNE - you're involved in Amway. "Save money on the products you buy and use everyday" - that's the typical marketing bullshit that people who are involved in Amway sprout.

The fact is, people who get involved in this shit turn out to the the most annoying friends/family members you can have because that are constantly hawking their rubbish products to you, and trying to get you to come along to a "Free seminar".

If you get rich off Amway you are scum - because being scum is the only way you can get rich with their methods.

haha let me guess mate if its not in front of you to touch it musnt be real..

im involved and i make a some.. but those people your reffering to ive seen too and can agree with some of what you are saying.. however thats not the business concept, thats the people..

i personally have never hassled anyone with it. nor have i even mentioned it to most of my fam or friends..

i mentioned that im involved and if they are interested ill show them, and if not sweet.. im not fussed at all..

im simply sayin there are other ways to make money.. i dont paticularly wanna work til im 65-70 and live off bugger all..

so if i can do something else in my spare time then why the f*k not..

whether its amway or sumthing else ill have a look at most things as i have an open mind..

and as for being scum.. someones upset because i have an opinion and can speak on the topic with genuine exp.. i understand if you have been involved and dont like it.. sum do sum dont.. but dont be calling people scum acting all hard on a forum cos your in adelaide.. grow up hero..

Edited by 02_FNE