SAU Community

Push And Pull Type Gearbox Help

stealth01

I am looking to purchase a second hand gearbox for my late model R32 GTR(Pull Type), I am wanting to know, if there is any visual indicators I can look up to ensure the new box I am purchasing is Pull Type aswell.

Is the visual difference simply, those black clips near the top of the bell housing?

newgtrgearbox.jpg

Image3.jpg

If I purchase a Push Type box, is it possible/cost effective to adapt my Pull Type Clutch to it?

I have read that you can simply swap the bellhousing on a Push Type Box to reuse a Pull Type Clutch, is this true?

Cheers

haha good pics, they are both from the opposite side from the details that show the differences.

the front plate of the gearbox is different, and so is where the slave cylinder bolts onto the bell housing. But pull can be changed to push if you have a push front plate available (eg your old gearbox)

the front plate of the gearbox is different, and so is where the slave cylinder bolts onto the bell housing. But pull can be changed to push if you have a push front plate available (eg your old gearbox)

My old box is a Pull Type.

Can a push box be converted to pull? not pull to push.

you just change the front snorkel over and bell housing so it doesnt matter if its a push or pull type lol

enjoy the new box !

Cheers man, but can anyone else confirm this?

92e9_1.JPG

Image2.jpg

there are only 2 differences - the front plate and fork setup (as you can see in the pics) and the mounting point for the slave cylinder on the bell housing.

nissan were kind enough to put holes for the push clutch in the pull bellhousing, but not the other way around - so if you want to change push to pull you need to sway the bellhousing and front plate/fork setup from your old box.

the actual gearbox is interchangeable