SAU Community

Rb26/30

74nky

I have a r33 gts-t but with a rb26/30 engine in it, she has full forged internals - Arias pistons, Arias Rods, Full Tomei Gasket kit, upgraded cams...lets just say she is a weapon but he thing is its got standard turbos on it, im wondering if anyone out there could tell me whether to go back to a single turbo formation or keep the twin setup, also what type of turbos to use...im looking for big hp out of this engine as its built for it...

thanks every1 :)

Been looking at this lately aswell, as im leaning towards a home built RB26/30 instead of a straight Rb26

Lost of guys in the UK have done alot of research and testing on turbos for 3.0l RBs (one dude has tried like 5 different turbo setups...cash to burn) and there is loads of info on both the SAU RB30 dyno sticky and on the UK GTR forum.

But from what ive gathered in my research lately, ill give you sorta both ends of the power spectrums for both setups...

Most of the local boys seem to like using singles, with a GT30R as a minimum (350+rwkw) and serious cars use hardware like GT42Rs and T51Rs (600+rwkw).

But twins could still be an option. Garrett -5s are probably the minimum and i think would spool nice and quickly (350+rwkw) and on the other end the scale a highmount pair of Garrett GT3071s would make for a wild ride (600+rwkw).

You need to set some firm goals, both for power and responsiveness. What will the car be used for etc. And then use all the resources to work out what the best setup will be for you.

Hope that gets you started

A few people on here run GT3076R turbos in the .82 AR rears they are making good boost around 3000rpm and top out at 300-320kw, then there is the GT3582R, in .82 AR rear this turbo is capable of ~350-370kw and is on good boost levels around 3500rpm and with the 1.06 AR rear is good for a bit over 400kw with good boost levels around the 4000rpm mark. (by good boost levels i mean 1 bar or more)

i personally haven't looked into the twin setups much so cant really comment on them but the Veilside R32 drag car runs twin GT3582R's so if 1400hp is your goal that's a possibility :banana:

Edited by TiTAN

if your sticking with the stock manifolds get twin

else single high mount

as said above set some power/response/cars purpose goals

twin you need 2 of everything so it will cost more, unless you get soemthing like a GT-RS twin setup on stock manifolds

then you can utilise most of the existing hardware

high mount single ftw.....

Turbonetics GTK series gets my vote... either the 650 / 800. Just came out from a build with one of these and we are most impressed with the results. Compared to the Garrett items; cheaper, better build quality, and better performance IMO.

GT35R

T04Z

T51R

Twin GT-RS's

Twin 2540's

Twin -5's

Twin -10's

Since the day i drove my 3L ive wanted to have a go of a built 2630 with something like r34 n1's or 2530's just to see how much fun that can be in the hills

I don't think it's going to be a very fair comment from me as I do run an auto transmission with a high-stall convertor. Car is still at the tuners (awaiting new flex plate) so all I can go off is the initial graphs.

14 psi is reached at 4,200rpm...

I'll post up more info next week after the tuning is finished, as I believe this result can be improved by tweaking the E-01, so far only the F-CON has been tuned and not the EBC.

GT35R

T04Z

T51R

Twin GT-RS's

Twin 2540's

Twin -5's

Twin -10's

Since the day i drove my 3L ive wanted to have a go of a built 2630 with something like r34 n1's or 2530's just to see how much fun that can be in the hills

A mate has these on his 30, makes 540whp @ 1.3bar!

I've got a GT35R w/ .82 housing to go on my 30 :cool:

A mate has these on his 30, makes 540whp @ 1.3bar!

I've got a GT35R w/ .82 housing to go on my 30 :P

Got a graph for the 2540's?

What else is done to it - cams, headwork etc?

I bet its a fkn rocket

hurry up and get it on there already bubba :)

Soon! plenum should be ready very shortly, spoke to the fabricator on Tuesday, all the prep work was done and he was about to start welding!

Got a graph for the 2540's?

What else is done to it - cams, headwork etc?

I bet its a fkn rocket

No graph handy, it's a 25t head (no porting or anything), 272 cams I think, greddy plenum, q45 t/b.. and it's in a 4wd platform.. yes, it's a fkn rocket :D

I have a clip of it's first night out.. pm me if you want to check it out ;)

:)

Not sure what to do with my exhaust.. was thinking 3" dump off the turbo, then join the gate pipe in where the front pump turns horizontal and flare to 3.5".. or should I be going bigger straight off the turbo?

Edited by bubba

Well the turbine outlet is only 3", I know there is a school of thought that bigger sooner is better but I don't see much point in going larger until I am blending in more flow (i.e. where the gate will plumb in)

True true, I want the gate plumbed in as far as practically possible from the turbo but still be able to easily remove the plumback pipe (for the track obviously.. not for scaring unsuspecting pedestrians :P)