SAU Community

GT-R ATTESA / LSD question

acediac

This is something that is not often made very clear even in the specs:

For a NON-VSPEC R33 GT-R, do they still have an Active-LSD?

(different Attesa computer, I know, but still an active one?)

As in, power can be transfered from one side of the rear wheel to the other electronically?

Also, do the FRONTS have an LSD? Active or mechanical?

Anyone know for sure?

The R33 GT-R (non-V-spec) has a couple of "wet" multi-plate LSD`s front and rear with the ATTESA-ETS.

The R33 V-spec (and N1:))adds an active LSD on the rear, with the ATTESA-ETS Pro system.

**I`m reading this from Japanese, and they say it`s a "Shisshikitaban" clutch LSD... shisshikitaban literally means "wet-process multi-plate/surface". I have no idea what the usual English automotive term is, sorry.

Originally posted by acediac

the R32 workshop manual and the front diff seems to be an open diff... maybe it's different on the R33?

Thanks!

The R32/33/34 Bible I`m reading from doesn`t specify if the multi-plate LSD`s are on the front or not, it just says "Shisshikitaban LSD" under the diff section... after seeing some Nismo front LSD internals available, I just assumed they were LSD on the front from factory.

Evidently not. After more research, and as far as I can tell, the ATESSA E-TS is is the same for the R32 and 33, with an open front diff and multi-plate rear LSD (V-Specs have the Active LSD on the rear).

Sorry for the confusion:)

Originally posted by Rezz

The R32/33/34 Bible I`m reading from doesn`t specify if the multi-plate LSD`s are on the front or not, it just says "Shisshikitaban LSD" under the diff section... after seeing some Nismo front LSD internals available, I just assumed they were LSD on the front from factory.

Evidently not. After more research, and as far as I can tell, the ATESSA E-TS is is the same for the R32 and 33, with an open front diff and multi-plate rear LSD (V-Specs have the Active LSD on the rear).

Sorry for the confusion:)

Ya my car certainly doesn't behave like it has a front LSD. I've seen a GT-R Japanese magazine that talks about Cusco LSDs for front and rear though.. I wonder if I can just buy an LSD for the front. I wonder if the front transfercase/driveshaft will handle a front LSD load though... obviously it wasnt designed to...

When I get my scanner I should scan that page for you to interpret, Rezz :D

BTW which GT-R bible are you reading?

Cheers!

BTW which GT-R bible are you reading?

Re: Re: Re: How diffrent is VSPEC and VSPEC 2  

(Quote:)  

It's a Hyper Rev/Nissan/JAF silver special edition... my most prized automotive book, it chronicles the timeline from BNR32 to 34 with every concievable model variation and detail... in Japanese!

It`s called "1989-2002 Skyline GT-R Memorial"... as per the explanation above.

I think I seriously need to start learning Japanese... :D

Set aside 5 years for that, and 3 of them in Japan!

Seriously though, learning Katakana and Hiragana Japanese script would help out immensly when browsing internet sites and magazines in Jap.