SAU Community

In Need Of Some Basic Information Please

Tyson 1990

Hey everyone, at the moment the tires i have on my car are rated up to 140km/hr. What would happen if i went faster than 140km/hr? Would this mean my tires won't be able to handle it? Or is it not too significant?

Also can someone tell me how to take off quick at the lights? (theres no law on how fast you can accelerate so its not illegal). I'm a P plater and drive a Series 1, non turbo R33 Skyline so people often give me a lot of shit. Expecially those commodore drivers, i just want to be able to take off fast and reach the speed limit before they do. Could someone please tell me how i would do that? (Like what rpm's i'd revv at before taking off, then at what rpm's i should change gears etc).

I know barely anything about cars, the reason i got a skyline is because i know they go fast and they look cool. Thats all i know about them, so all help would be appreciated thanks.

mate clutch control would be the mainthing. and as for how high to rev a gear is easy done by feel. but you do realise even a quick dash to the speed limit if a cop thinks your racing you will get reemed.

yeah lol. honestly mate who cares if a commo poof takes off quicker than u from the lights. plus being a p plater im gonna assume not much experience behind the wheel. (well your question makes me think thats probably 100% right) so not something you should be concerned about anyways. but if you want to figure your car out and learn its and your own limitations go join the guys for a track day.(lot less expensive than having your car taken or most tickets these days).

Take some lessons from more experienced people , and listen to what they say very carefully, and you will save yourself alot of time, money and even your life potentialy. Take your car to the track and have someone ride with you and give you advice on car control, or even a skid pan. The thing ...the ONLY thing you should be worried about as a young P plate driver is getting drivers skills and experiecne in a controled envoriment.

Just look how many court case threads there are, you really don't want to put yourself in that situation do you ? If you like Drifting too I would be more then happy to show you things I have leaned, and chuck you around in the passanger seat.

Beau

P.S Don't worry about Commo drivers , winning a race in a Falcdoore is like winning at the special Olyimpics , you may have the Gold but your still a retared

27024781mt5xa0.jpg

With a turbo lol

I believe it is illegal to take off faster than normal.. and honestly, your an idiot.. your one of these i wanna go fast boys.. if your so worried about the shit you get.. sell the skyline and buy a barina.. they won't try race you then..

The wheels are rated to that speed.. anything over causes damage to the wheels and is not covered by manufacturer's warranty.. it is purely for covering their arse.. of course there will be some leeway for that..

stop racing commodore drivers before you have an accident :(

If you like Drifting too I would be more then happy to show you things I have leaned, and chuck you around in the passenger seat.
Hey Beau, I can I take you up on that one day? :D

P.S Don't worry about Commo drivers , winning a race in a Falcdoore is like winning at the special Olyimpics , you may have the Gold but your still a retared

baaaaahahahahahahaaaaahahahaaahaha :(

Edited by Munkyb0y

With a turbo lol

I believe it is illegal to take off faster than normal.. and honestly, your an idiot.. your one of these i wanna go fast boys.. if your so worried about the shit you get.. sell the skyline and buy a barina.. they won't try race you then..

The wheels are rated to that speed.. anything over causes damage to the wheels and is not covered by manufacturer's warranty.. it is purely for covering their arse.. of course there will be some leeway for that..

Funny you should mention a barina, its what i drove for the last 4 months or so. I still got people trying to race me though coz everyone likes to show off to a P plater.

To be absolutely honest, its more my friends that i just want to beat. Once i beat them that'd be it, there'd be no point in proving my car is faster more than once. Also i like one of my friends sister's and i don't want to be shown up by her brother in his commodore.

Beau it'd be great if you could show me how to drift. I was thinking of taking my car drifting and stuff but i know nothing about it and i don't want to damage my car. Also what is the skidpan? How much does it cost to take your car to these places?

Dude sell your Skyline and buy a commodore or falcon. This will suit your personality better. Don't be an idiot, if you want to race your friends , willowbank has Test n tune Wednesday and Saturday nights. You can do it legally and safely. Also make sure your insurance covers you for this.

Keep it on the track, aim to be a class above the boguns and you will get more respect.

Dude sell your Skyline and buy a commodore or falcon. This will suit your personality better. Don't be an idiot, if you want to race your friends , willowbank has Test n tune Wednesday and Saturday nights. You can do it legally and safely. Also make sure your insurance covers you for this.

Keep it on the track, aim to be a class above the boguns and you will get more respect.

How much does it cost for a Test and Tune, is Willowbank in Brisbane? And i have no insurance, only extended third party. It costs me $3,500 a year for normal insurance with Just Car, with some other insurance company it was around $5000 and the rest won't insure me.

A lot of you say i am stupid for wanting to beat other drivers. Although my join date is recent, i've been browsing the forums for a fairly long time before i registered since i was looking at skylines but didn't really want to register until i got a Skyline. From browsing the forums i noticed a fair few of you have said stuff about how you've smashed some guy who wanted to drag you etc.

If you say i am stupid in wanting to beat a person to the speed limit then at least be honest and not hypocritical. Not saying any of these in a mean way, just making a bit of a defence for myself.

Hey everyone, at the moment the tires i have on my car are rated up to 140km/hr. What would happen if i went faster than 140km/hr? Would this mean my tires won't be able to handle it? Or is it not too significant?

Also can someone tell me how to take off quick at the lights? (theres no law on how fast you can accelerate so its not illegal). I'm a P plater and drive a Series 1, non turbo R33 Skyline so people often give me a lot of shit. Expecially those commodore drivers, i just want to be able to take off fast and reach the speed limit before they do. Could someone please tell me how i would do that? (Like what rpm's i'd revv at before taking off, then at what rpm's i should change gears etc).

I know barely anything about cars, the reason i got a skyline is because i know they go fast and they look cool. Thats all i know about them, so all help would be appreciated thanks.

You can be charge for “Producing undue noise” (this offence is under the police discretion at the time) or “accretion in an excessive manner” “attempt of a street race” etc…

A lot of you say i am stupid for wanting to beat other drivers. Although my join date is recent, i've been browsing the forums for a fairly long time before i registered since i was looking at skylines but didn't really want to register until i got a Skyline. From browsing the forums i noticed a fair few of you have said stuff about how you've smashed some guy who wanted to drag you etc.

If you say i am stupid in wanting to beat a person to the speed limit then at least be honest and not hypocritical. Not saying any of these in a mean way, just making a bit of a defence for myself.

Hey mate, who cares about beating people. Harden the F* up and realise you have a better car than a Commonfalconwhore. Be the bigger man and watch them do a looser flyby as they are trying to prove their crated up POS is better than your Skyline with race herratige and pedigree.

Just a tip on winning any race, don't forget to double the clutch and not granny shift..... Live your life a 1/4 mile at a time..... Don't forget the NAWS~!!

Hey mate, who cares about beating people. Harden the F* up and realise you have a better car than a Commonfalconwhore. Be the bigger man and watch them do a looser flyby as they are trying to prove their crated up POS is better than your Skyline with race herratige and pedigree.

Just a tip on winning any race, don't forget to double the clutch and not granny shift..... Live your life a 1/4 mile at a time..... Don't forget the NAWS~!!

I thought people only double clutched in old cars and in new cars its just pointless.

I thought people only double clutched in old cars and in new cars its just pointless.

You missed my point.........

Think Vin Diesel.....

Think Bad Ricer Movie.......

You'll then get my point.

I'll turn down my sarcasm meter next time.... seriously be careful out there mate, but most of all have fun.

best advice that can be given to a young driver is this: when you are a kid you are given training wheels on your bike until you can balance and control it with your own skill and abillity, in reality the same thing applies to driving if your too busy worrying about beating someone to 60km/h your waisting your line... save your money and get to know the car learn all you can about it so when the training wheels "p" plates come off you won't be bothered by the comonwhores on the road because you drive a superior car and your less likely to become intimate with a power pole trying to prove a non turbo'd 2.5l engine is better than a V6 3.8L crapbox full off wankers. if you want to race hit the track and educate yourself in the fine art of speed and slide. As for the tyres retreads are not the best tires but unless your likely to be surpassing 140km/h for extended length of time you should be fine. PS when the P plates come off give your baby her turbo then you will know the true joy line owners have and know why we don't bother with the race off the lights...

thats my 2 cents.

best advice that can be given to a young driver is this: when you are a kid you are given training wheels on your bike until you can balance and control it with your own skill and abillity, in reality the same thing applies to driving if your too busy worrying about beating someone to 60km/h your waisting your line... save your money and get to know the car learn all you can about it so when the training wheels "p" plates come off you won't be bothered by the comonwhores on the road because you drive a superior car and your less likely to become intimate with a power pole trying to prove a non turbo'd 2.5l engine is better than a V6 3.8L crapbox full off wankers. if you want to race hit the track and educate yourself in the fine art of speed and slide. As for the tyres retreads are not the best tires but unless your likely to be surpassing 140km/h for extended length of time you should be fine. PS when the P plates come off give your baby her turbo then you will know the true joy line owners have and know why we don't bother with the race off the lights...

thats my 2 cents.

Hahah thanks, i can't wait till i can put a turbo in my car but i've still got like another 2 and a half years to go :ninja:.