SAU Community

Rb20 Rebuild Prices?

bsas2

hi everyone. i need to rebuild my rb20. just wondering if anyone knows roughly what prices are worth for parts? i need pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets, valves etc. i just want all standard parts, nothing aftermarket or upgraded. im just wondering roughly what the parts are worth? any one done a rebuild lately. thanx people.

dont rebuild your motor just by another rb20 that is your cheapest option.

it would cost a bit to throw a 25 depends what sorta budget u are working with i guess.

around 6k for a 25 conversion somewhere in that ball park anyways after u buy motor and box and consider labour but i would just buy a 20 that u can see is visibly running and comes with a compression test.

buy off a reputable shop to be on the safer side as well they dont get good reps for no reason.

they are a pretty hardy engine the 20's so i think youll be pretty safe with a second hand one.

i got respect for them as my mates jumped 9 teeth in total on the cam gears we went to start it hearing the valves smashing around .

we took the head off and seen bash marks in the pistons. we went over the head when we removed it and the valves werent even bent dont ask me how that is possible it was something u had to see to believe.

when we ripped everything apart the condition of everything was extremely good considering the hard life it had.

we chucked another head on the car anyways cos we thought it was f*kd when we heard the bashing.

put it all back together with the bashed pistons and the rest car still runs like a dream:):P:)

btw we are somewhat dodgy backyard mechanics(cables ties are our best friend)

wish u luck with the next engine mate.

Edited by Hunting Lions