SAU Community

Front And Rear Wide Guards

hi i own an r32 and am about to purchase some wide front and rear guards for it

now ive heard dmax is of the best quality, anyone bought dmax or know of the quality??

i should hope so that they good quality for $400 a pair front and rear

now the dmax branded wide guards only come in i think 15mm or 20mm rear fenders and 15mm front (although there is the d1 spec 30mm front guards but they stick out outside the door)

so i dont know if should go with the dmax fenders?? or go for cheaper more wider fenders from somewhere else?

anyone know where i can get some wider ones that are of good qaulity?

sorry for all the questions

thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

yeahh i bought the dmax front fenders and just fitted it like 3 weeks ago

all i can say is that i encounter a few problems ..

first of all the fenders are too thin which can easily be crack if someone lean on it

so i had it re-fibreglass which cost me $100 each ... (rip off i reckon)

and secondly the tip of the fenders where it line up with the front corner indicator

has a gap that run all the way down ..hard to explain need to show you guys pics

and lastly it dosent line up with the bonnet properly, it sit abit higher ..

thats about it ..maybe it was just a one off thing for me or the guys

that installed it did a shit job .. wasnt happy they offered to fix it but

i have to leave the car there for a few days .. havent had time .. soo blahhhhhh

other then the above problems it fits good and look good aswell

• 4 weeks later...

dude imho spend the money and get decent guards i payed 500 a pair front and another 500 for the rear they were espensive but the quality was awesome.the were weilside combat r by the way on an r33

dude imho spend the money and get decent guards i payed 500 a pair front and another 500 for the rear they were espensive but the quality was awesome.if you go cheap guards almost always the quality will be shyte, they were veilside combat r by the way on a r33

dave, the part where it sits higher then the bonnet, that can be fixed with just some sanding to make it even :down:

if you got problem with them, speak to the dmax seller/rep and he will look after you.

URAS gaurantee 100% fitment on them, but it also depends on the car whether its had previous accidents etc.

post-42381-1227352593_thumb.jpg

heres a picture of mine. for some reason the front guards are strange.. the bottom of the guard where the side skirt meets it is narrower than the factory one and leaves quite a big gap

behind the wheel. dont know if they were made that way intentionally??

heres a picture of mine. for some reason the front guards are strange.. the bottom of the guard where the side skirt meets it is narrower than the factory one and leaves quite a big gap

thats one fkd up widebody job it looks hell dodgey + those wheels dont fit what so ever ahahha fail

thats one fkd up widebody job it looks hell dodgey + those wheels dont fit what so ever ahahha fail

geez a bit harsh considering i spend 2 hours a week working on it for 4 months not to mention im not an exprienced panel beater :)

lineedup33 i got them imported from japan

do you have any more pictures of this?

think it looks wierd cause of the rims, rims look abit to small and needs some (alot of) dish

but good work for a non exprienced panel beater :blink: