SAU Community

Need Help Choosing The Correct Rim Width And Offset For A R32 Gtr

4jo3

Hello,

I have a 1992 nissan skyline gtr with 18x8.5" on the front and 18x9.5" on the rear with unknown offsets and unknown spacers so I am running just rwd for now but I would like to run awd and I would like to get rid of the spacers because they are not hub centric so the car shakes at around 100km/hr. Hence, I would like to run 18" rims but I need help choosing an offset and rim width. I have found that I need a rim with a centerbore of 66mm but I cannot find a common response to the offset and rim width.

Thanks,

Justin

if you are looking at 18inch then 18X9 with offset between +30 and +18 will be suitable. or 18X9.5 with offset between +30 and +22 is good too. tyre size either 245 or 255 will be fine too. then you can chuck out your current mismatched wheels and frisbee the spacers over your back fence!

the PCD is 5 X 114.3.

a popular choice is R34 GTR wheels which come in 18X9 +30 and look great on a 32. they fit perfectly, are forged (so light and strong) and can be had for reasonable money.

so you get these (my 34):

zimg8127wm5.jpg

and put them onto this (my old 32)

p1sve7.jpg

Hello,

I have found some bronze Nismo wheels for the 2003-2008 350Z fronts. They are 18x8.5's with a 25 offset. I found them for $800 and apparently they are new. Do you think they would work and look good?

Thanks,

Justin

they will fit "okay" but in my opinion not quite the right size or offset for a 32 GTR they will look too narrow for such a tall wheel. ideally you want a nice 18X9 +20. that will be perfect. also it makes it far easier with the 4WD if you stick to the same size and offset all round and use the same tyre size all round. also means you can rotate tyres front to back to get more life out of them. :rofl:

I have 18x9.5 +20 wheels on my R32 gtr and the wheels/tryes sit about 5-10mm inside the gaurd. perfect for what I want, no scrubbing etc.

Ryan

What size tyres do you run on those wheels??

I am considering 17x9.5s or 17x9s for my R32 GT-R, trying to research whether the 9.5s will fit ok (the wheel I am looking at is a +17 offset in the 17x9.5 size - Work Emotion XD9)

What size tyres do you run on those wheels??

I am considering 17x9.5s or 17x9s for my R32 GT-R, trying to research whether the 9.5s will fit ok (the wheel I am looking at is a +17 offset in the 17x9.5 size - Work Emotion XD9)

yep - 9.5" wide fit no problems. I run 18"x9.5" with a +13 offset and they are probably right at the limit.. and that's running 265/35's.. but a +17 will be 4mm further in, so should look good and give you that little bit extra guard clearance.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks you have been alot of help, I found a set of r34 gtr rims but the previous owner says that he is using spacers? Why would he do this?

they dont quiet fill the guards, i ran about an 8mm spacer when i had 34 wheels on my 32 gtr they would sit just inside the guard.

Gtr1732005.jpg