SAU Community

All R34 Owners! Your Will Find This Interesting!

R34Liner

hi everyone

some of you might be familier with this topic http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/bu....html&st=20 posted quite a few years ago...and still very helpfull.....basicily it talks about what you should do when you are looking to buy a skyline

anyway one of the points says "The BLUE Nissan Build Plate should have the details PRINTED on it... i.e. If you run your fingers over the details printed on it, it should be smooth. IT SHOULD NOT BE ENGRAVED... If it's engraved, it has a fake Nissan Build Plate with a fake Chassis Number. These are forged and put on stolen cars with a new and legitimate chassis number. "

i checked mine...i have the plastic rivit things...and i ran my fingure over it and its engraved!!!...i pretty sure my car isnt a rebuilld....its been through the works on the legal side...also i got it from edward lees imports dealership...i jsut want other r34 owners to go and check ther blue plates...run ur fingure over it...and please tell me that its slightly engraved!!!

another guy posted a reply on the second page of that topic i linked above and said that he went to a dealership and check 3 other r32's and they all had engraved plates....and asked wether the smooth thing applied only to the r33's....and no one answerd him :S

so now im freaking out:P and i wants some closure!! Help me R34 owners.....unfortunaly i dont have a handfull of r34's lieing around so i cant go and check hehe

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok this is starting to freak me out....a guy just pm's me saying that he got his r34 from lee's and his plate is engraved.....

ill give some more info my car is a 1998 r34 25gt non turbo (im a p plater:P)

the guy above me has a GTT not sure wat year... soooo im hope that the non turbo 1998 come with engravings....or else this could be really bad for me...

ok this is starting to freak me out....a guy just pm's me saying that he got his r34 from lee's and his plate is engraved.....

ill give some more info my car is a 1998 r34 25gt non turbo (im a p plater:P)

the guy above me has a GTT not sure wat year... soooo im hope that the non turbo 1998 come with engravings....or else this could be really bad for me...

Mines a 98 model and yes i don't believe it had 45000km on it when i 1st bought it. Steering wheel and gear knob was very warn.

I've come to live with the fact that any skylines imported from japan does not have genuine KM's, like maybe some do if you can monitor the whole thing from start to finish.

I still need to check my timing belt which is supposedly done at 100 000KM's, i just gotta wait until i reach 100 000kms

Mines a 98 model and yes i don't believe it had 45000km on it when i 1st bought it. Steering wheel and gear knob was very warn.

I've come to live with the fact that any skylines imported from japan does not have genuine KM's, like maybe some do if you can monitor the whole thing from start to finish.

I still need to check my timing belt which is supposedly done at 100 000KM's, i just gotta wait until i reach 100 000kms

yea but see....wer talking about diffrent things.....ur talking about odo tampering....but ur car...according to the link i posted in 1st reply....has a genuine blue build plate...where as mine and the guy that pm'd me seem to have fake ones.....my car is perfect btw....it had 68,000 when i baught it...and no wear and tear on the inside of the car....absolutly perfect...same with engine and paint and everything grade a import..or wtvr the grading systen is for jap imorts....but im still freaked out because if i want to sell this thing...and it is a rebuild/rebirth...wtf am i going to do!!

yea but see....wer talking about diffrent things.....ur talking about odo tampering....but ur car...according to the link i posted in 1st reply....has a genuine blue build plate...where as mine and the guy that pm'd me seem to have fake ones.....my car is perfect btw....it had 68,000 when i baught it...and no wear and tear on the inside of the car....absolutly perfect...same with engine and paint and everything grade a import..or wtvr the grading systen is for jap imorts....but im still freaked out because if i want to sell this thing...and it is a rebuild/rebirth...wtf am i going to do!!

I mentioned it cos they normally interrelate and that its something to look out for.

In your case well need more replies from non turbo's.

Hang in there mate just gotta wait for the replies

I mentioned it cos they normally interrelate and that its something to look out for.

In your case well need more replies from non turbo's.

Hang in there mate just gotta wait for the replies

yea i know...i need to chillax a bit...breath and all that jazz...i just love my car so much <3...atleast i can be thankfull that it works great....and it looks like its 2 years old....

Yea it did man..and we both checked in...me and the guy above ur post....it all matched up thankfully

Just to confirm: yes it all lines up. :thumbsup:

But I like a few others here I also have my suspicions about the build plate not being laminated.

i pm'd the guy that 1st asked about the blue plate being engraved and if it only applied to the r33(hes located on the second page of the thread link i posted in my 1st post)....and he said it that the engraved blue plates that are supposed to be fake only applies to the r33's......soo what is now confusing me even more....didnt know it cud get any more confused.....is that i have r33's telling me that ther plates are engraved.....which is supposably the fake ones...and then i have r34's telling me they have smooth ones…..when the engraved things shudnt apply!! and also i have 2 ppl including myself who have r34's with engraved.......

whats going on!!!

i hope someone can read this and shed some light...or just more ppl checking ther blue plates so we can start getting some consistencies