SAU Community

Series 2 Missing Fuses And A Relay?

lilcrash

hey i was looking at my fuse box the other day and noticed some stuff missing, can anyone tell me if i should replace them please.

DEICER 15A FUSE

AC100V 15A FUSE

H.I.D RH 20A FUSE

H.I.D LH 20A FUSE

H.I.D HEAD LAMP RELAY

thank you

hey i was looking at my fuse box the other day and noticed some stuff missing, can anyone tell me if i should replace them please.

DEICER 15A FUSE

AC100V 15A FUSE

H.I.D RH 20A FUSE

H.I.D LH 20A FUSE

H.I.D HEAD LAMP RELAY

thank you

optional extras, if you have any of these options and they dont work, then replace, otherwise not a prob. Deicer is cold area version accessory, can be determined by heating elements in front windscreen under wipers. 100v is an optional socket and switch in centre console. HIDs are pretty standard on late S2s, maybe optional on early S2s.

well my headlight cases say xenon, but its got arctic blue bulbs in them, if i buy xenon bulbs and just plug them in should they work? is there any risk of killing them if the above stuff is missing??

just for reference the 2 hid fuses and the relay are the ones in the middle row

also what sort of bulbs do i need to buy??

Edited by lilcrash

You need to find out first if you are still running a HID setup, or were they disconnected at compliance ? plenty of previous threads about the HID setup.

The HID bulbs are D2R for the record, but sounds like yours may have been converted to crappy H1's. an easy way to check is to look at the back of the headlamp and check that the silver shielded harness coming out of the HID ballast has been butchered, usually accompanied by some dodgy wiring. Also, does your bulb look like this (D2R) if you look in from the front ? http://www.bulbman.com/images/d2r.jpg

I wouldnt worry too much about the relays and fuses etc its probably the way Nissan made it.

To convert them back to HID takes some knowledge a few parts and few hours work.

the back of my lights behind the grey covers looks tidy and stock except for the 2 female spade terminals, does any one have a picture of the back of the hid light??

they arent hid bulbs because i installed the arctic blues without realising they werent hids. something like a h7 i think.

you need to pull out the headlight assembly to properly see the HID ballast and assess the damage done by the compliance shop, ive done a few HID restorations to S2's including my own, PM me if you are interested, otherwise if you are happy with your present setup leave it be....but the difference in vision between the 2 is huge, as the S2 reflector shape is designed for the D2R bulbs.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auctio...7204#enlargeimg

high voltage ballast/transformer is the black box in the centre, if that is still there then it can be converted back.