SAU Community

Some Guy Wrote Down My Number Plate Today! What The Hell!

R34Liner

Hi guys!

Today I had to drive to the doctors and on my way back home i was on the freeway and i was overtaking people and doing a little bit of weaving, probably a bit unnecessary but i was in good spirits and was enjoying the ride. amongst all my boyish overtaking i passed a black yaris. Anyway i took my exit and i was sitting at the lights and the yaris pulled up behind me - didn’t pay much attention. took my exit and was driving along in a 70 zone...this yaris was right up behind me....i accelerate a little bit....still there.....so im like..okk...wtvr some wanker just tail gating no big deal....as i start to approach this hill i decide to put a little bit of distance between us.....maybe a little distance is an understatement...you get the idea.....anyway reach the top of the hill at a set of traffic lights and about 15 seconds later my friend in his yaris pulls up behind me....i look in my review mirror and i see him looking at my number plate and then looking back down to his lap, and im very sure he was writing something down..then he looks back at my number plate and then back down to his lap....i know that he was looking at my number plate because he was straining to look down since my car is lower then his...so he wasn’t just looking up to check if the lights wer red or not.....

My question is: If he did want to report me - what can he do and what can happen - if he is a cop on his day off or not on duty - what can he do? – Do the cops have some kind of system that records any reports of misbehaviour – ?

my guess is he can’t do much - but I want someone with a bit of knowledge or experience in this matter...or even some guesses i don’t mind....the car is registered in my mums name and the big detail i didn’t mention above is IM A GREEN P-PLATER!!....so this would explain the reason why he would even bother in the 1st place to write my plate down in order to “teach me a lesson”.

And yes i know i shouldn’t have been doing what i was doing!! I’m an idiot blah blah blah there is no need to speed or overtake like a moron :)

thanx everyone for your input!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

www.ratemyplate.com or www.rateyourplate.com something like that.

Or like you said,could be an off duty cop taking note.

Or it could be someone off here taking down your plate so they can SPOT you in the spotted thread.

if he is just some top bloke joe blow, deny it.

it's you verse him.

say prove it ? with footage.

other wise he has no case

right ?

you should be right.

yea thats what im leaning/hoping on.

but even if he was a off duty cop..same thing right? cops cant bust u for anything unless they catch you doing it on the spot or vid/photo evidence

If he did report it to the cops, then I don't think theres much the cops can do besides maybe take notice of the car & try to catch you later on if they see you doing anything again, so just drive careful when you are in that area again.

Happened to a friend, he thought some old guy behind him took down his plates, but nothing really happened after that.

Just switch to super granny driving mode, when ever you suspect theres a cop near by or when you are in a potential cop zone, thats what I do :)

Edited by Mayuri Krab

if he is just some top bloke joe blow, deny it.

it's you verse him.

say prove it ? with footage.

other wise he has no case

right ?

you should be right.

If you want to post garbage like this, do it on another forum please.

i'll just ignore mr 12000 post's.

i think off duty police officers can bust you, because they are like under oath and sworn in or something ?

i have heard of story's of off duty police officers busting people for stuff like this.

eg doing a burnout in front of a police officers house.

but either way, just ask him the question " are you calling me a liar ? " when you deny it.

he has no prove but his word.i'm not sure how valuable that is??

or he just wanted to give you a scare?

i'm sure this has happened to someone else here ?

i'll just ignore mr 12000 post's.

oh dear....

Anyway, have you not heard of the dob in a hoon mate.....

if this guy is an off duty cop, he makes a complaint, he goes to Court, your word against his, Mmm Magistrate gonna believe him over you most likely - you screwed....

if he joe public, same deal...

have you not heard of the dob in a hoon mate.....

if this guy is an off duty cop, he makes a complaint, he goes to Court, your word against his, Mmm Magistrate gonna believe him over you most likely - you screwed....

if he joe public, same deal...

damnn - thats not comforting - anyone know of anything like this....

If its a cop, then you might be screwed, if its a member of the public with a axe to grind you're probably screwed too.

I mean if they're serious enough to pursue it to the end, they have no lives or they're that determined to take you down.

I would highly doubt anyone would bother to the point to take you to court. Probably gonna go home and whinge about it.

However if they remember your plates just dont park your car too much in public areas or they might remember your plates and be like "oops, my keys slipped"

hahahahaha.

a reason why not to get personalised plates. much easier to remember for both postive and negative reasons.

okay if it is a police officer, you fail.

but you could probably argue with mr joe.

he is a little over the top if it goes to court though.

probably just as much as a hassle for him.

you should just chill.

it's friday arvo, go get a beer mate

:)

woop.

well, i was sick of worrying so i just rang up my local cop station and told the lady at the other end exactly what happend...she said that if they get a report all they will do is ring me up and asked me what happend...and she said your innocent untill proven guilty......that was comforting....and then i asked what happens if its a cop of dutty - and all she said was that ther are lots of cops that dont do anything when there off duty and not to worry.......

maby shes trying to lul me into a false sence of security so that she can ruin my life even more...hmmm

Oi Aron, you should just go into the station and tell them to lock you up aye, you wouldn't want to be caught or something!
just confess now!

its hardly confessing.....i just hate the fact that someone got my rego and can go and report me whenever hes got some free time - and its his word against mine - as stated befor - a p platers word against a mid 30's,yaris driver - supporting a family of 3....... so i really dont care about the consiquences...its just not knowing whats coming thats all...i would rather know the consequences instead of sitting at home wondering what the hell is going on.... its just me..im wierd :P

me and a mate got dobbed in by an off duty police officer years ago, after a commodore in front of us bagged it up and fishtailed up the road... we just drove through the smoke behind him...

cops came around to my house and lectured us... my olds got up em.. we just denied everything.. but they put our numberplates on a list of cars to get.. and everytime we went anywhere we would get pulled up and the cars were always getting looked at..

it got to the point where the cops were picking out new things that we'd done since last time.

ended up selling the car being fed up with not being able to enjoy it.

if your account of the events is true... you shouldnt have too much to worry about. sounds like it might just be a grumpy old man dobbing in a "hoon", maybe he does it every day and cops are sick of him.. maybe not

just take it easy, and wait a month.

you'll soon learn (being a p plater) that its best to drive to the rules when ANYBODY can possibly see you, leave the fun stuff for when noone is around and you cant damage anything but you or your car.

First thing you should be doing is not driving like a tool

second thing is not doing it in a skyline, I get enough shit in my own while the car is dead cold at 9am in the morning doing 30

third thing is, if you have SAU stickers on your car, I'm going to throttle you...

Just stop driving like a tool and you won't have to worry about what's coming in the mail...