SAU Community

Got My Car...at Last

Rucker34

yeah thats a pity about the compliancing, hope all goes well

If you ever go down the importing route again and with the exchange rates i wouldnt recommend it any time soon but Phil's mechanical service in perth is the best. He has never had a car come back from the pits that didnt pass

yeah i would make sure i got it done by someone here in perth if i was to do it again. Though i have to say after all this i dont think i will be doing it again.

Its just far to much stress, waiting and i have already had a day and a half of work which is not really too good, and I am still going to need more time off to go to the pits again.

I just realised i dont need the standard tyres to put it over the pits i need to have 245/45/R17s because thats what i have on my tyre placard. at the moment i have 255/40R/17's on the back and 235/45/R17s on the front.

I called the DPI today and talked to one of the technical expert guys to see what i would be able to get away with and he said i can not have the 235's because you are not allowed to go lower than what you have on your placard.

I am hoaping that i can get away with the 255's and just change the front but im not sure? i could not remember off the top of my head what i had on the car so the guy could not give me an answer but i think i will call again in the morning and see what they say now i know what i have got on the car at the moment.

Does any one have a set of R34 wheels with 245s on them that they would be willing to lend me to get my car over the pits?

have 235 on the front at the moment and 255 on the back.

I think if i get pair of 235s for the back i would get away with it because the front abd back will be even and they will be 10mm under which i think im alowed but i really dont want to get there and have them send me packing again over 10 bloody mills.

thanks.

Got spare 34 wheels here too bud. 99% sure the rears are 245, havnt checked in a while. Let me know asap but coz I fly out to Tokyo this Saturday, but I've got Friday off work and u can just give me my stock airbox and wheels when I get back November 2nd-ish. I dont have ur number anymore coz Monga ate my fone on the weekend. Got the same number but so gimme a txt and I'll reply if I'm not too busy playing Snake 2 on this temp piece of crap.

Edited by Magic

It sure did :P

would not have been able to get it done if it were not for brandons help. And my girlfriend who had to do a lot of the running around for me while i have been at work.

now it is just a matter of trying to get the car all cleaned up. and getting the big yellow egg stain of the back :D

No worries man cheers for the vodka. :O

Saw this thing tonight. Looks really mean for a white 34, and WedsSport wheels look nice on it too. Sweet ride. Woulda def been worth the wait. :(

No worries man cheers for the vodka. :ermm:

Saw this thing tonight. Looks really mean for a white 34, and WedsSport wheels look nice on it too. Sweet ride. Woulda def been worth the wait. ;)

Thanks m8

yeah im really pleased with it. a few things i want to change and sort out with it but all in all i think it worked out to be well worth it.

have a good trip m8 and we will have to catch up at some point wen you get back.