SAU Community

R33 series 2, min mods Vs A3 turbo, chiped

nearly bought a S3 last year, even it's a 225hp tubro 4wd, it's don't go as hard as my skyline.

so i don't think yr friend's a3 can touch u even mod, if he really does, install a boost controller!

Originally posted by EVOIV

The new GTA type Alfas look pretty nice too, got some go in that thing :D

They are SO sweet! i want one!!

u cane the crap out of it if it's a A3 1.8 turbo, audi feels very torqey, but dreadfully slow against the clock, but if it's a S3 be prepared to get cane. as with audis ther are many obstacles to clear in regards to modifications , it's not just as simples as bump the boost and hope to hell, the management on them are very smart and will pull back power if it sense more than regualted power is being deliver, did u know that on a hot day it bumps the boost up and reduces it on a cold day to keep power constant.

It is a A3 1.8t.

I know there are many skylines in the 10's-11's but here is one quick A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro:

Gone in 12.1 seconds

This is as far as I know the quickest daily driver A4 in the world. Its in Victoria as well.

The video shows the run, I can't quite tell but in the other lane it looks like a skyline to me...:shake: hehe

Not bad for 1.8 litres.

A healthy tuned gtst of the ilk you describe will put down a sub 14 1/4 mile pass. Go buy a Whiteline KCA349 rear diff cradle kit (bout $100) to make sure you hook up off the line a little easier.

Put a light flywheel in and you can get mid 13's with 10 psi of boost.

The A3 does a 15 second 1/4 mile, high 15's on a 'real' dragstrip (magazine tests are conducted on road surfaces wich always yeild better times --- think g-tech, this goes for the factory skyline car claims)

Originally posted by rev210

(magazine tests are conducted on road surfaces wich always yeild better times --- think g-tech, this goes for the factory skyline car claims)

errr:confused:......so what's with the drag strip's surface that gives us slower times?

extra slippery?:burnout: