SAU Community

Max Boost + Standard Pistons = Sad Gtr

533EYA

well people i have some awesome news....

.........MY CAR IS GETTING FORGIES............

ok here is the story, yesterday i was at my mates workshop and he has one of those G-tech devices so we thought we would strap it on my gtr and go for a little spin. Didnt even get a half decent time had like 2.4 60" and a 1.3 reaction and posted a 13 flat...so i should have a very low 12 second car...

Any way back to the story, half way through the 2nd run we heard the worst noise you can possibly hear, Pinging. So we pulled back into the shop and popped the bonnet and what do we see. Dipstick was almost hitting my strut tower and my boost tee had come off. So she had been running max boost..... :x Any ways joely hooked up his own boost tee and the car felt pretty good no pinging or anything.. But it kept shooting the dipstick out.. So the boys at JD transmissions performed a comp test today and the first 5 cylinders were all at 140 but the sixth was at 80...

So they are know going to start pulling the motor down and start to assess the damage...The money at this staged is just on a cracked ring but if thats the case they are just going to throw a set of forged pistons in... I am a bit dissapointed, but in the long run i will have a set of forged pistons going in my car so she'll be solid as for my application now...

Moral to the story don't cheap out on one little piece of equipment because it can end up slapping you in the ass...

cheers joshy

Sad to here.

However i disagree with the moral...

Moral should be use a cable tie to hold it on next time and you wont have that problem, its not the part thats the problem, its the backyard installation no doubt.

And dont do stupid sh|t like that on the street :P