SAU Community

Blown Turbo!

Guest NVDGTS4

Guest NVDGTS4

hey guys i bought an R33 S2 last week. It has a front mount , boost controller , AFC Neo and SARD FPR with Walbro 255LPH in it , Recent dyno showed around 208RWKW. good buy for 14,000 with 90,000. I found it was running like 13.5 boost so i put it down to around 12 / 12.5psi and had it like that for 2 weeks . Went awsome until last night i was drivin home with my mates in car gettin up this steep hill. It was spinning the wheels so i punched it for some fun lol and then i just heard this massive f**kin wining sound it then my boost wouldnt go past 0. It blows smoke like a steam train after around 3000rpm or whenever you push the throttle all way in . Now is it bad to drive my car to work and back like this ?? and also does anyone have any SPECS or info about the VG30DET turbos they are selling at SSS for $250?? are they goin to be as good as my last turbo and will it make the same power

as long as the heaps of people are warranting their opinions then there is nothing to lose. (i'm sure if anything goes wrong they will be there with their wallets out).

but if the compressor wheel is now rubbing on the housing and some something makes its way thru the intake.....

turbo gone = a good reason to consider parking it and replacing the turbo asap

Edited by wolverine

i've had heaps of people say its safe to drive my car so what can really happen

And they are ur 15yr old sister?

Think about it, the turbo is rooted, and blowing oil.

Therefore loosing oil will cause a drop in oil pressure.

Low oil pressure = fked motor if it gets damaged too much

Even if you cant "see" it'll still be burning oil if you can see it anyhow

And then there is the above, with bits going through the motor... common logic fails some people

Guest NVDGTS4

Ah well i've driving the car fine for 3 days like this . Hardly blows any smoke , Hasn't lost much oil at all and yeh the oil pressure hasnt changed one bit drives like a normal car without a turbo so how is this f**king my car by doing it i cant see how it would and i've spoken to just about every motor mechanic around and i would rather listen to then then you. You probably havn't got a clue whats wrong with my turbo

hey before you go off at people

go through the threads in Forced Induction Performance and you will find the names

R31nismoid and Guilt-toy alot.. these guys along with some others have helped many many SAU'ers

and if Guilt-toy can get his "line running on E85 >_< im sure he knows what he's talking about..

99.9% of people know driving on a blown turbo = very bad idea..

you asked for an opinion and you got them.. thats what the forums are for...But not all news is good news..

park it get a second hand rb25 turbo.. install it and drive again...

my 2c.

it depends what has f**ked up in your turbo,,,,, yes you can drive some turbos around that are blown with no probs..... but no you cannot drive every blown turbo without something else getting damaged...... its a risk you have to deide on,,,,,, we are on the forums, havent seen your car, havent seen what damge has been done..... maby your mechanic is right but what if hes wrong????

allot of people on this forum know quite a lot more than allot of mechanics around and some of them are mechanics on here...

for example i dont know guilt_toy from a bar of soap but from what ive worked out he is really into his car and experiments with it, this guy knows these cars inside out and if you are going to be online here asking for peoples help you will get straight answers from some of these guys... what you have to do is workout who the online worriors are and who genuwinely know what they are talking about....

and if your going to get offended by anyone who says anything you dont like then dont come onto the forum, i dont know why you got angry for?

and i know why you asked the original question.... because you are having doubts about your mechanics..... stick with your gut feeling and just dont drive the car unless you can afford to fix a f**ked engine..... end of the day its your choice....

PS: im sure the guys online are sorry to give their unbiased opinion to a fellow skyline owner even if he isnt an SAU member...

hey before you go off at people

go through the threads in Forced Induction Performance and you will find the names

R31nismoid and Guilt-toy alot.. these guys along with some others have helped many many SAU'ers

and if Guilt-toy can get his "line running on E85 >_< im sure he knows what he's talking about..

99.9% of people know driving on a blown turbo = very bad idea..

you asked for an opinion and you got them.. thats what the forums are for...But not all news is good news..

park it get a second hand rb25 turbo.. install it and drive again...

my 2c.

hahah we posted similar replies only 1 min apart lol..... great minds think alike

Ah well i've driving the car fine for 3 days like this . Hardly blows any smoke , Hasn't lost much oil at all and yeh the oil pressure hasnt changed one bit drives like a normal car without a turbo so how is this f**king my car by doing it i cant see how it would and i've spoken to just about every motor mechanic around and i would rather listen to then then you. You probably havn't got a clue whats wrong with my turbo

If you wanna be like that, go and talk with your 'mechanics'

Dont bother starting anymore threads and waste our time.

Thanks