SAU Community

Suspension Question

t0rpy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to be a good product for the daily drivers

I'd be keen to see how they go, and what kind of range you have on the lowering.

I guess as the OEM product BC racing should have same thing with Greddy?

GREDDY PERFORMANCE DAMPER TYPE-S

32 LEVEL DAMPING FORCE (COMPRESSION & REBOUND TOGETHER)

MONOTUBE STRUCTURE

ADJUSTABLE PILLOW BALL UPPER MOUNTS This is may be a option

REINFORCED RUBBER UPPER MOUNTS

ALUMINIUM BRACKETS

DURABLE LIGHTWEIGHT SPRINGS

EXTENDED CONTROL CABLE

Regarding the lower.

I will maxium low 1' as my drive way is pretty slope.

Frank

No the BC range wholesale have, i'm pretty sure is NOT the Greddy Type S.

Wholesale in Sydney (Penrith and Blacktown) stock BC Racing VA series coilovers...these have been superseded. If you look at American dealers selling BC racing, they sell the BR series (these are gold and black coloured, not red and black like VA superseded series).

It is the BR series that is getting compared favourably to Tein type Flex.

However, the VA series will be quite decent for just a street driven V imho.

Due to the suspension structure of the V, even if you have adjustable camber plates on your coilovers, you still won't be able to adjust the camber via the tops.

Scathing,

Yeah i've noticed the front heavy bias. Im running anniversary Z springs and shocks atm and am loving it. The rear is ~100ft/lb heavier than 03-04z and V35 springs. The dampers are much better too (in terms of firmness and control though the control could be because my V shocks upon uninstallation had 60thou kms and the anni.Z stuff only had 10thou kms). Combined with the swaybars on medium setting and the stickyish tires, handles ok.

Oh btw guys...be careful about too heavy spring rates and damper. Not only will it be hella uncomfortable..it may stress your chassis and cause breaks such as broken welds (been there done that with jap spec Tein heavy street/track coilovers on my fto).

I think what mosoto said is spring rates by itself doesn't mean much, you MUST consider the damper as well. However, you can generally tell from just the spring rate as to whether it'll be comfortable or not. And 15kg is NOT comfortable lol.. Even if the damper was super soft. Manufacturers generally don't put out info on their dampers other than describing whether it's soft firm etc. No values perse.

Frank350gt,

Let us know how you like it. I ran the VA series on my mazda 3 mps and they were good considering the money.

Touge

Thanks for the information.

After do a search.

It seems that BC racing sales different product in OZ.

They listed

1 VS Design

2 VA Design

3 VH Design

VA:

VA Design

Includes front upper pillow ball mount

Rear rubber upper mounts

32 levels of damping force adjustable

Full-length adjustable

Mono-tube design for maximum performance

Exclusive design for variety of cars

One year limited warranty

Not bad for that price.

I will see how it goes.

Cheers

In the beginning I am tring to get a set of Koni yellow shocks, and find out that it is really expensive compare other Koni models, about 1200 just for shocks.

Wow, the price has dropped.

When I got mine back in 04 they were $1700 for the set. I retained the stock Z33 springs since I was generally happy with the ride.

My Yellows adjusted bound as well as rebound (but not independently). So you could afford to run a softer spring for when you're cruising, without sacrificing response when you wanted it.

I noticed from this pic that it has extenders on the rear damper adjustment. Does anyone know where those cables go? Like, as far as I'm aware there's no way to get the cable to go from the rear strut top into the Z33's boot without cutting trim. You might be a bit more lucky in the V35. I'm not sure how effective they'll be if you have to bend them around obstacles or something.

I think with the extender you'll just have to cut/drill a little hole in the trim so you can poke them through.

Certainly beats jacking the car up or removing the whole strut to adjust...and you might need to adjust 5 times to finetune =/ mhmm edfc ftw!

hrm.. then wats the spring rate for BC racing? anyone actually have them on the car? and can give a REAL from the heart opinion?

The spring rate I am going to put on my car this weekend. is 8/6 Kg F/R. Softer than origional 10/8 F/R.

Real feeling not able to provide as they are still sitting on installer's shelf. LOL

Wow, the price has dropped.

When I got mine back in 04 they were $1700 for the set. I retained the stock Z33 springs since I was generally happy with the ride.

My Yellows adjusted bound as well as rebound (but not independently). So you could afford to run a softer spring for when you're cruising, without sacrificing response when you wanted it.

I noticed from this pic that it has extenders on the rear damper adjustment. Does anyone know where those cables go? Like, as far as I'm aware there's no way to get the cable to go from the rear strut top into the Z33's boot without cutting trim. You might be a bit more lucky in the V35. I'm not sure how effective they'll be if you have to bend them around obstacles or something.

WOW. I don't know whether to say that is a good news or bad news. The reason I feel not good with Koni is just Koni Yellow for other cars like 200SX, R32, R34, EVO only around $700-$900. It is not fair that we pay more than $1200 for that.

Cheers

Recently spoke with Jose of Wholesale suspension in blacktown branch.

In the beginning I am tring to get a set of Koni yellow shocks, and find out that it is really expensive compare other Koni models, about 1200 just for shocks. plus springs and installation. As Jose avised that Koni yellow is really good in qualities and performance, just why pay 40% more for it. He reco the BC Racing coilovers brought in by their company. Made in taiwan. OEM for Greddy. Good qualities for that price ( Under $1400).

Jose also said when his company bring the BC racing in, in order to make it fit aus road, the spring has been change to 8kg/6kg F/R and revalued. That will fit more for 350z/v35 for most daily drive.

I guess they got good point, people chasing the cheap coilovers much looking for something for their daily drive where BC ones get into it.

I book the workshop this weekend. Hope it works well for me.

Cheers.

Frank

BTW. This is what is looks like.

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...t%3D18%26um%3D1

JUST to Make sure.

As Touge Said

After do a search.

It seems that BC racing sales different product in OZ.

They listed

1 VS Design

2 VA Design

3 VH Design

VA:

VA Design

Includes front upper pillow ball mount

Rear rubber upper mounts

32 levels of damping force adjustable

Full-length adjustable

Mono-tube design for maximum performance

Exclusive design for variety of cars

One year limited warranty

fun02_pic04.gif

good, i can wait til weekend~ giv us a good review ya, how it feels compare to stock ride, and if it makes any cling clung noise~ lolz :P

The spring rate I am going to put on my car this weekend. is 8/6 Kg F/R. Softer than origional 10/8 F/R.

Real feeling not able to provide as they are still sitting on installer's shelf. LOL

good, i can wait til weekend~ giv us a good review ya, how it feels compare to stock ride, and if it makes any cling clung noise~ lolz :D

LOL the reason I want to replace my stock one just because it make the stupid Cling Chung Noise on sydeny road. It make my car sound like something just come off from wreckers yard.

BTW, If you lift the car up. Use a hammer kick the tyres, you can hear the Cling Cling noice come out from front shocks. It should be something wrong with it. I am sick of that noice for 3 years. So I need to do something on it.

Edited by Frank350GT

UPDATE:

Completed the job on Saturday. send the car in at 9AM, take some pic and hand to Penrith Westfield. came back at 2:30. The car is almost done.

Checked everything all right. paid and drive back.

First expansion: The Cling Chung Noise gone. NICE.

They set it at the softest position and that is what I want. When on the road. Only feel a little bit stiffer than factory, just a little bit. still very comfortable.

When cornering on normal road. The body control is much more better, the direction of front wheel is more clear and response is more faster.

The whole car is feel more solid, when go over bumpy roads the feeling is different, had to describe that feeling.

Generally I like this coilovers. worth that much.

Well post more as time going.

which state r u in? can i get a passenger ride in it? plss?

When u say it feels more solid, how much difference is there? like a 'very' solid feel compare to stock or 'just little' or 'barely noticeable' or mayb 'uncomfortable for long distance'?

UPDATE:

Completed the job on Saturday. send the car in at 9AM, take some pic and hand to Penrith Westfield. came back at 2:30. The car is almost done.

They set it at the softest position and that is what I want. When on the road. Only feel a little bit stiffer than factory, just a little bit. still very comfortable.

When cornering on normal road. The body control is much more better, the direction of front wheel is more clear and response is more faster.

The whole car is feel more solid, when go over bumpy roads the feeling is different, had to describe that feeling.

Good to see you're happy with your purchase. Yeah i agree on your first impressions of them, i felt pretty much the same when i put the same set (as in brand and model) onto my mazda 3 mps.

They're not the best, but for the money.. they really are quite good.

UPDATE:

which state r u in? can i get a passenger ride in it? plss?

When u say it feels more solid, how much difference is there? like a 'very' solid feel compare to stock or 'just little' or 'barely noticeable' or mayb 'uncomfortable for long distance'?

UPDATE:

Hi Danny.

I am in NSW. Ryde area.

Regarding the "Solid". it does not mean that it is stiffer or uncomfortable. Just the way car respond to the bumpy road.

Just make me feel the whole car become one pieces. ( OR just because the new Strut bar I put in ? May be)

To be honest. When drive along the terrible road (Say silverwater road from victoria road south to M4) I can feel the new suspension do better job to make the car stick with road surface which get more controlable feeling.

Frank

Any more updates? :)

Hi Danny.

I am in NSW. Ryde area.

Regarding the "Solid". it does not mean that it is stiffer or uncomfortable. Just the way car respond to the bumpy road.

Just make me feel the whole car become one pieces. ( OR just because the new Strut bar I put in ? May be)

To be honest. When drive along the terrible road (Say silverwater road from victoria road south to M4) I can feel the new suspension do better job to make the car stick with road surface which get more controlable feeling.

Frank

Any more updates? :P

So far So good.

I will tried to take some pic after next car wash. It has been so dirty.

And I just scratch rear wheel last weekend. Hart break.

Any one know where I can get some touch up paint for the NISMO LMT-4 Black? So I can make the wheel does not look that "BAD"

Thanks

Frank

Edited by Frank350GT