SAU Community

The Series 2 Autech 260rs Into The Stock Series 1 Rs4 Build

msports180

OK we got the RS4 into the shed today. Got it up in the air and started undoing everything on it. Cradle and engine ready to come out. Most of the interior is stripped just sitting in the car. So tommorow will get engine out and start prepping for paint.

How it looked this morning:

01112008003.jpg

01112008001.jpg

01112008004.jpg

And cory (aka snapper) turned up today to get some parts, damn it looked nice:

01112008.jpg

Will get some more pics up 2moro of it gutted.

Had a huge day today, just finished now sooo rooted.

Got engine out and bay ready for paint. Got rear cradles swapped. Most of the interior swap done, luckily the looms were the same going down towards the back of the car so just swapped the front loom over. Dash is back in, all the console etc is in, series 2 steering wheel is in. Got the door jams painted.

Prepped the outside of the car for the paint for 2moro.

Had four people working on it all day.

So 2moro will paint the bay and outside of the car and then bolt all the doors back on and start re-assembling the engine bay.

Not far now!!

nice work mate, u dont mess around at all, wish i had 4 people workin on mine at once lol, i just about got mine ready to, cant wait to get it out and daily drive it :laugh: I just got exhuast, wastegate and slightly modify the cooler pipes and its ready to run.

how come u packed up tonight? :laugh: its only 8pm plenty of hours left in the day :P

nice work mate, u dont mess around at all, wish i had 4 people workin on mine at once lol, i just about got mine ready to, cant wait to get it out and daily drive it :) I just got exhuast, wastegate and slightly modify the cooler pipes and its ready to run.

how come u packed up tonight? :D its only 8pm plenty of hours left in the day :)

2 mechanics aswell!! hehe

geez man u dont mess around either tho, getting through it fast.

once it gets to about 5pm the beers come out and things deteriorate rapidly...

• 2 weeks later...
he was finished about a week ago or more, hes too slack to post pics because hes driving it instead haha :D i think he should come round my place and finish my car off too so i can drive mine as well, bloody greedy stagea owners only helping themselves ;)

HAHA yeah i been to slack, back at work to now. Havnt even got photo's onto my computer yet.

Yes its done, wasnt that hard, just alot to do. Got it all painted came out OK, pearl dosnt match exactly but meh. Just got a few nigly things to fix now, 4WD light stays on, has a bearing sounding noise from the front, brakes need another bleed, handbrake no existent (needs new shoes i think), borrowed a mine's ecu to use till i can get the PFC tuned, idles at 1400rpm ish and the AIC is all the way in allready. Just cut the firewall section out for the booster and laid it over the original fire wall and used bulk silicon, looks OK seen we painted the bay hides it well. Everything else bolted up, had to trim alot obviousley for piping etc, and drill a few holes but wasnt hard.

Took me a solid day to get the whole engine bay and front end back together, like headlights, reo, FMIC, bov return pipe etc, wiring, abs, brake line's/master cylinder etc. Didnt scratch the fresh paint, was being so carefull!!

Then another day to get motor in and everything plumbed up to it, wiring plugged in as we used the autech loom. (scratched the fresh paint on the rad support :( )

Put all the doors on and rest of the kit (oh by the way rear bars are a bastard to get off!!!).

Took a week to reassemble it basically. Had it running friday last week. And havnt stopped driving it!! haha. I got called back to work early from my holidays so i drove it there (100km trip) on sunday night to test out the HID's :D drove very nicely even tho i was shitting bout hitting a roo.

Will try and get some pics up soon.

And whats it like to drive?? Noice!! Feels very strong, can only rev it to 4k atm due to being run in and needing a tune but allready feels quick. Ended up having NISMO suspension in it not HKS coilovers as i was told, also had a full tune length stainless front pipe and front cusco camber arms, i allready had some rear cusco's for it. Handles very nicley for snow tyres. Very nice ride, firm but still comfy. Im going on a limb here (im also biased) but i think it handles better then my wifes R34 sedan *prepares couch to sleep on*

So yeah, its all done and im happy. Only took 12months to finally happen...

Brad u pay for fuel and im there.

he liked series 1 stageas better so decided to do a full conversion as the s1 grille and lights are nicer :)

i thought it was because it failed compliance due to rust on the autech. man it must suck sometimes to be in oz . nearly everything that gets imported here gets new disk rotors anyway (although these ones were extremely bad) and we all saw how bad the rust on the sway bar is . bad enough to write off the whole car . who ever made that call should be shot .

good thread anyway . if its not too much to ask could you post up a pic of where the pipe from the I/C to the plenum goes through the body ?

he liked series 1 stageas better so decided to do a full conversion as the s1 grille and lights are nicer :)

haha yeah right. I prefer the S2... allthough for the ute were gonna do S1 for sure.

Yeah was the rust in the autech, complience guys made the call...

Ive got a heap of photo's of it to up load when i get a chance, havnt had time lately.

On a side note my power FC turned up today... so now i can get it tuned at last.