SAU Community

My Defect Story

i hate rav 4's

So my baby is waiting to be picked up from the panel beater. The next thing is to clear the regency defect i picked up a while ago from a nice police officer filling his quota.

It was a friday night and i pulled into HJ's on West Tce, about 9. I was there maybe a minute before i saw a commodore pull up then some bike cops right after it. I thought time to go, import plus bike cops equals trouble, as they are always so nice. So i tell my mates to get in the car but i hear, oi mate pop the bonnet and get out of the car, now. As soon as it's open, blow off valve that's regency for you. I didn't want the bov i was going to change it to a standard one but broke it putting it on. But anyway, he then informs me i'd be finding another way home cause i'm impounding your car for dragging the commodore. I say mate it wasn't me, it was a black 33 parked four spots down just there. He then spends the next five minutes grilling me, i'll look at the security camera's and prove it was you, don't lie to me, etc... etc...

Thankfully another cop turns up and says no it wasn't me as my passenger wasn't wearing a hat. At this point i am relieved but feeling like i've committed a major crime. I askied him, so even though i've done nothing wrong your still going to defect me? Yep but i'll be nice and give you 72 hours instead of 24 to clear the defect. Then after he puts the sticker on my windscreen he takes the backing (the bit he peels the sticker from), looks around then throws it into my cabin.

Now granted i shouldn't of had the bov but he was such an arrogant prick and un-necissarily agressive. So now i have the joys of regency.

yeah it sucks mate when then mistakenly get you for someone else's wrong doing

as harsh as it may sound

you shouldnt have had a aftermarket BOV in there in the first place

and its not hard to change BOV's without breaking stuff

as i have done mine plenty of times

goodluck with getting a stocko BOV....there are plently on ebay

for like a couple of bucks

The only reason i am saying this is cause i used to have a aftermarket BOV

and apart from the wank factor and major cop attraction they aint any good

Complete ass.

Make an official complaint.

+1

I had an asshole cop years ago defect my bike. Now my bike was defectable (full race exhaust), but it was the manner in which he defected me ... and also tried to antagonise me.

Still had to go thru Regency, but the traffic cop was investigated ... he had many many complaints. I'll cop it on the chin, but I won't take lip from nobody ... not even a cop.

Yep but i'll be nice and give you 72 hours instead of 24 to clear the defect. Then after he puts the sticker on my windscreen he takes the backing (the bit he peels the sticker from), looks around then throws it into my cabin.

he wanted a reflex action from you, ie. chuck it out your window and onto the ground = another fine.

Sure they deal with asses all day but there is a level of professionalism that 'should' come with the job.

Obtain an initial impression of the mug you've pulled over and go from there. Sure if the mug is a smart arse they deserve to get whats coming but if they are not well there's simply no need to be an ass as such.

So Dan... Were you a smart arse or had attitude? :D

In your instance the cop was wrong, regardless he should have said sorry bud. My mistake. Did he do so?

If not I would still be looking at lodging a complaint as in the past I've had cool level headed police and I've had complete arses throw the contents of my glove box on the ground asking where the drugs are when from the word I've been cool and answered their questions perfectly fine. The ones that are out to harass for no good reason or to simply have a little fun with some one are the ones that need to have a complaint made against them.

sorry to hear mate

is it illegal 2 have a aftermarket "plumback" blowoff valve??

no ur allowed to have plumpback. Blow off valves are illegal because the vent into the atmosphere plumback dosent it recycles

Not true Dunno.

Aftermarket plumb back bov's are typically adjustable with regardes to the quick release function of the bov.

The std bov constantly bleeds a little boost and is very quick releasing which reduces emissions. Aftermarket bovs are illegal even if they are plumb back as they are 'adjustable' and not to standard specifications.

Here in SA at least anyway. Give your local vehicle standards a buzz and find out if its the same in NSW.

the ''bad cop'' label is exactly the same as ''import hoon'' label

you have these asshole cops that love to bust your balls, and look for a reaction out of you,

but you also get the nicer cops, that arnt hot heads so to speak.

if i ever got pulled over, i had the voice recorder on my phone set as ''quick key'' so one push of a button,

and everything the cop said, was handy if i was unfairly treated

which seems to happen alot of late.

but yeah, this nugget sounded like an ass! the power of the badge has gone to his brain and shrunk his balls.

:D

i love it when police pop my bonnet and leave the bonnet stand hanging out and then try to shut the bonnet ...

too many asshats lately.

i get pulled up twice a week usually , p plats and skyline =/

and then they look at my engine and ask me if its had alot of work done :D

bad luck on the defect dan :)

you have these asshole cops that love to bust your balls, and look for a reaction out of you,

yeah I agree.

There are some cops out there that don't let the badge go to their heads and those that do unfortunately.

It sounds like you got the latter that became somewhat embarrassed once he realized he had the wrong person but wasn't prepared to take a step back due to pride.

At the end of the day, right or wrong, he's the one calling the shots so play it cool........even level headed cops hate smart arses and can turn on you if provoked.

A couple of cop mates of mine love cars and bikes but will turn nasty if you're a smart arse................and I don't blame them!

if i ever got pulled over, i had the voice recorder on my phone set as ''quick key'' so one push of a button,

and everything the cop said, was handy if i was unfairly treated

which seems to happen alot of late.

but yeah, this nugget sounded like an ass! the power of the badge has gone to his brain and shrunk his balls.

:D

im 99% sure what your doing will get you into more strife........unless you notify the officer of you recording your conversation your recording wont hold up in any court of law. and if you do tell him your recording the convo then he will just be a dick by the book of the law :)

officers are excluded i think, and to play your recording in a court of law you will need the officers permition, good luck

in a court of law, he is a representative of the law, therefore he doesn't have to agree to it, as it can be admissed as evidence and his superior officer/a presiding judge could allow it to be admissed as evidence.