SAU Community

Garret Gt2860r - 707160 -7 Bolt On Kit?

Hi all,

I am considering getting a pair of Garret GT2860R - 707160 -7 turbos for my R34 GT-R but am wondering if they come as a complete kit. Ie - actuators, gaskets, hoses, clamps etc, & everything needed for complete installation???

I sent an email to 'GCG' enquring about this and they said "these particular turbochargers come complete including gaskets".

However, out of curiousity I also emailed 'MTQ Engine Systems' for their opinion and they said "They are direct bolt on's the oil drain fitting is the only thingto change, i can supply new oil drain kits for $28.00 + gstEverything else should bolt on directly." :(

What do you guys think about this?

Cheers,

Edited by xanavinismo

I think you should speak to the forum sponsors.

-They will have them in stock

-They will answer all your questions

-They will be cheaper than places like GCG

There's heaps of people using these turbos so all the info has been covered regarding them, its all a very straightforward affair :(

Hi all,

I am considering getting a pair of Garret GT2860R - 707160 -7 turbos for my R34 GT-R but am wondering if they come as a complete kit. Ie - actuators, gaskets, hoses, clamps etc, & everything needed for complete installation???

I sent an email to 'GCG' enquring about this and they said "these particular turbochargers come complete including gaskets".

However, out of curiousity I also emailed 'MTQ Engine Systems' for their opinion and they said "They are direct bolt on's the oil drain fitting is the only thingto change, i can supply new oil drain kits for $28.00 + gstEverything else should bolt on directly." :P

Cheers,

You will need the drains as the bolt seperation is different beween the standard turbo's and the GCG turbos - everything else unbolts from the std turbos and bolts into the GCG turbos.