SAU Community

Cops Issue Tickets For No Reason !!!

GODRAVER

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPERS is a registery which the DOT and cops give their tickets to when you don't pay it by the due date so it can be followed up. Spers adds a $40 fee to it and sends you letters to pay. As far as I know, unless the fine is of a large amount (>$500) they don't usually harrass you.

However, if you didn't do it, it would be good to get it cleared.

Why is it that all the reject cops get stuck on road patrol and break & enters?

Take it to court mate. If we all took all the bs tickets the cops issue these days the dumb ass judges out there might get the idea and go down hard on the police force for issuing bogas tickets. We need to tie up the court system more, the more that stand up to the cops the better it will be in the long run.

thanks all for the advise! i really wanna take this further i dont care how long it takes or if i have to spend more money on lawyer fees i just want justice out of it! its just bullshit if cops can just give out fines like that! i really wonder what fine i would have got if i actually did something wrong and the cop actually saw it (not just heard it) ?!!?!? probably car taken and few thousand dollar fine, i wouldnt be suprised.

i actually did have a voice recorder on my phone but just never thought of using it for something like this, (ill have to learn the hard way) and ill have a camera with me as well cause the cop wasnt in full uniform so i could have got him on that.

In Bondi beach in sydney we went for a drive up the lookout point, (thats were all cars drive throught on sat nights) and cops were there, i was driving my mums mazda a plain car but i had a P plate on the front, i get up there and get pulled over... he asks is there any reason u have your foglights on??? i looked at the dash and yeah they were on, i told him i didnt even relise they were on. so he says ah ha, looks around the car and says ure a P platter i see and ure also missing a P plate on the back! i told him the truth people keep taking the of around sydney, he just nodded his head. he asked for my licence and had a look and few minutes later came back with 2 tickets!!! 1 for foglights and the other 1 for a missing foglight!!! thats just a load of horseshit!

honestly why dont the cops get out there and do something usefull, like fight crime, help those in need ect... i guess that requires energy and thinking power!

i lost any respect i had for cops now, (i had respect for them untill now cause i was let of a few times for doing stupid shit,) but theres a thin line which was crossed!

Originally posted by INASNT

Take it to court mate. If we all took all the bs tickets the cops issue these days the dumb ass judges out there might get the idea and go down hard on the police force for issuing bogas tickets. We need to tie up the court system more, the more that stand up to the cops the better it will be in the long run.

Hear hear,

Guys and girls , in a democratic society the onus is on the prosecutor to "Prove" that you are at fault, not you prove that you aren't at fault.

So any time you hear bull from a cop like they didn't actually see you doing the offence, they admit that they can not prove that it was you, therefore they have no case.

With a recording and a half decent lawyer you won't even have to go to court to get off.

Don't just wear it, if you know you are in the right.

if u dont win in court youl be hit with court costs plus ur ticket.. I like the idea of a dictaphone recorder thingy.. theres been many a time when theyve talked rubbish to me.... Once i got pulled over about 500m from my house in one of my inbetween cars( had a big accident and bought a 1000 vl while waiting for my insurance to come through).. anyway two cops pull me over and come over to the car with an RBT meter..(standard reason for why they pull you over.. theyl always say it...) Within about 20 secs max they are under my car looking at every stone chip and shit on this cheap ass vl... I explained my exact problem ,,... His reply............................quote" We are from wollongong not Sydney mate, we are on a revenue raising scheme"... I honestly told him to **** off and go back to wollongong, but it got me nowhere he defected me for two bald tyres!!.... what im saying is, if the cops want to give you a ticket they will, theyl find a reason... how unfair does that sound.... Revenue raising scheme???

Originally posted by Nexus9

Hear hear,

Guys and girls , in a democratic society the onus is on the prosecutor to "Prove" that you are at fault, not you prove that you aren't at fault.

So any time you hear bull from a cop like they didn't actually see you doing the offence, they admit that they can not prove that it was you, therefore they have no case.  

With a recording and a half decent lawyer you won't even have to go to court to get off.

Don't just wear it, if you know you are in the right.

i dont' know about that .. something about a misdermeaner .. or whatever my work friend told me ... then its the other way round .. u have to basically prove ur innocence ..

Innocent until proven guilty is the law!!

Take it to court..! He has no proff other than he heard wheels spinning but didn't see it! say you witnessed 2 unknown cars in front of you 'hooning' and it wasn't you.

They 'may' have recorded it themselves, they usually do without telling you. However i doubt they will use it as evidence if it has them saying they didn't see you.

No way i would ever pay a ticket for something i didn't do!

Originally posted by 002 NVS

Innocent until proven guilty is the law!!

Take it to court..! He has no proff other than he heard wheels spinning but didn't see it! say you witnessed 2 unknown cars in front of you 'hooning' and it wasn't you.

They 'may' have recorded it themselves, they usually do without telling you. However i doubt they will use it as evidence if it has them saying they didn't see you.

No way i would ever pay a ticket for something i didn't do!

exactly, u have 2 witnesses so use them if it gets to court, most times when the cop that wrote you the ticket finds out you are contesting it he might decide to drop the ticket coz he has no evidence. Even if it does go to court it is very easy to prove the stupidity of cops especially he has no evidence what so ever to back it up. And it will make the pig think twice befroe issuing a similiar ticket in the future to another innocent person.

it's not up to the officer issuing the ticket weather they persue it or not in court, its up to his superior officer. If the superior officer see's that they have no evidence, and if they happened to tape the conversation and the superior officer listens to this and notes that he admitted he didn't see you may get lucky and they will drop the charge.