SAU Community

Taking Off My Screamer Pipe

rx313b

hi guys.. jsut installed a new turbo setup. i modified my gtst manifold for the external wastegate and then a screamer on the bottom of that but i realised it makes it lag and loose heaps and heaps of power. the screamer is too loud and isnt even making the car faster.. its not goin as good as i want it to.. how can i remove the screamer and is it worth doin. do i seal the bottom of the wastegate where screamer was.. do i just reweld it to my dump... how do i get rid of the screamer and add the power loss...if tehre are any...

thanks guys

hi just get a return pipe welded back into the dump pipe.

but having a screamer pipe wont make you loose power and also wont make it faster just louder dont seal off the wastegate its there for a reason .

hope that helps

but its a vent before the exhaust... any leak before the exhuast n muffler process its loss of power... i notice that i have more boost when im not in screamer pipe opening up.. and wen opens its hell as laggy and like its holding back... its a 3076r with about 280rkw and moves like my old 2540 HKS with only 240rkw.. lol

i realised it makes it lag and loose heaps and heaps of power.

How did you realise this?

and how did you come to this conclusion?

A wastegate works when target boost is achieved... so before that, its shut and not 'screaming'... therefore impossible too cause lag and loose power.

If anything screamers can increase power, this is only the case if your exhaust is restrictive however. If your exhaust flows, there is no difference

the screamer is too loud and isnt even making the car faster.. its not goin as good as i want it to.. how can i remove the screamer and is it worth doin.

refer to the first part... The screamer is not to blame. It would be boost controller/wastegate spring only.

So IMO... not worth doing as its not a problem

From a legal standpoint it should be plumbed in, but thats about it.

i dont mean lag... it seems somewhat restrictive... feels like it wants to move but doesnt when opening it up

well totally unrelated to a screamer dude... no idea how you end up with that result

It'll be...

- Boost/boost control related... ie the gate is opening too early, target boost not reached

- Tune, or something affecting it (timing of cam gears, fuel pump dying perhaps) and so on

- Clutch possibly wearing out

and other reasons im sure others can offer up

Perhaps the stupidly ridiculous noise coming out of the screaming is giving you a false feel with your car, i found that in a couple of cars, when the gate opens and its so ear piercingly loud you tend to expect so much more. Plumb it back in and you tend to feel the car pulling rather than hearing it.

Edited by Ryanrb25