SAU Community

OS Giken clutch for RB25DET - which one ?

mambastu

Hi,

I've been looking at OS Giken twin plate clutches on the Greenline site. They list the TS2B, the TS2BD and the TS2CD

http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/b...=R33B&intake=FI

I've found a little bit of info on other sites and I think the 'D' in the part number stands for damper which presumably means the plates are sprung and I've heard that there are two versions, one rated at 500bhp and the other rated at 600bhp. I've also heard that some of them come with a steel cover and some with an aluminium cover.

Soooo.....can anyone tell me the specs of each clutch and what would be the disadvantage of the 600bhp version (if it does exist) over the 500bhp version ? i.e heavier action, less streetable etc.

I'm aiming for around 450 bhp at the flywheel so I'm thinking the 500bhp aluminium cover clutch would be the kiddie, but which one is it ? :D

Ok i Just fitted the TS2CD to my R34 and must say thats its the best mod yet.

The "B" and The "C" stand for the Disk Size with "B" = 204mm disk and "C" = 215mm size disk.THe "D" stands for damper meaning the clutch disks are sprung for less violent shake up.

I have the 600hp rated clutch and its awesome a little hard to push but makes up for it in changes and launches.I had to convert it to push type from pull not sure in the r33 tho.

My clutch has the steel cover.As far as i thought the aluminium cover on comes on the multi plate.Anyhows get this clutch you wont regret it.Hope that helps

I had an OS twin sprung type, was the best clutch I ever had, Drove like standard yet hooked up at 7000rpm in 3rd and 4th. I wouldn't use a sprung type for drift as they glass up when slipped :) just like mine did. I have a solid HKS twin now and the car is a pig to drive and rattles like nothing else.