SAU Community

Scum Stole My Skyline This Morning.

PSI.33

Club locks dont work.

I had an old car of mine broken into while i wasnt near it for about an hour and i come back - club lock on the floor broken in pieces.

Its not a deterrent at all. Only thing that saved my car from being flogged - i had a fuel isolation switch hidden (i have a love for hidden switches/buttons to prevent stealing) :(

Maybe a bit of a deterrent though? I mean, most thieves will want to be in and out of the car in a few minutes. Surely it would take more that a few minutes to saw through a Club lock?

Where could I get one of these switches set up? It sounds great.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the club lock as a visual deterant for the average jacker. i see floors in my viper alarm that makes me not trust it hence the club lock just to up the thiefs risk assesment hoping they move onto another easier car. at the end of the day if they're willing to saw my steerign wheel and club lock theres nothing much more i could do other than kill switches. then again he'd probably be onto his mate to get the flatbed around. bloody criminals!!

as for a club lock suggesting you dont have an alarm, most alarm nowdays have flashing leds. a quick kick of the tyre will tell if you have an alarm or not too. I say having a club lock there is better than not having one if you have no alarm at all.

all this club lock talk takes me back to big kevs pic at sandown of the guy with the club lock in his head after a stack...ouch.

for the new skyline owners out there, invest in a decent security setup first instead of mods. i take it the car wasnt insured maybe as the first thing they would have asked for is to get aus approved immobiliser??

i think the club lock can work against you. Thieves may walk past your car, see the clublock on the wheel and assume that you dont have an alarm and then try to break into it.

This is true, I can imagine this scenario :( Just hope it doesn't happen to me, or anyone else from this forum.

Maybe a bit of a deterrent though? I mean, most thieves will want to be in and out of the car in a few minutes. Surely it would take more that a few minutes to saw through a Club lock?

Where could I get one of these switches set up? It sounds great.

Well it didnt deter the guys who had a crack @ my car. Was a Sat night @ the Palace car park too, so lots of people around and they still made an absolute mess of the window/club lock/steering wheel etc etc. Honestly i couldnt care less what interior dmg is done, long as the car is still there thats all i give a stuff about.

My mate is in Deer Park and will customise any install to suit what you want, what you want, how you want.

Honestly though if you become a SAU-Vic member and its much much cheaper for you (you'll save more than your membership fee on the alarm install discount) :ph34r:

micky man im really sorry, f*kkk man we went out on sat night and i was like wowww wdf look at mickys car, micky me jamie and themisses went out for a drive trying to look for it but man tonight ill meet up wit yas and we will try do something, i knwo couple of targets mate, f*kn theives out there why dont yous al JUST GET f**kED and find a job or something better to do then interfeering with other peoples pride and joy, im so gona park my car isn the garage sideways like i used to,

micky man im here to help you all the time but goodluck bro, your wheels just had finished the car bro

tc

My mate is in Deer Park and will customise any install to suit what you want, what you want, how you want.

Honestly though if you become a SAU-Vic member and its much much cheaper for you (you'll save more than your membership fee on the alarm install discount) :ph34r:

Its a done deal then, I shall join. Been wanting to for ages.

OK GUYS GOT SOME GOOD NEWS, micky bunz please let me tell everyone the good news, RBWPN6 has been found everybody, guys yous aint gone beleive it, the car was found and going by the cops words the only thing that has been stuffed is the console and the ignition barrel, yess that means the SSR SP! PROFESSORS are still on there, no damage to any panels and car was found at 1.30pm today about 5 streets from where it was stolen so i dont think the car was pretty much harmed

mick that was lucky mate, see ya tomorrow and now tony doesnt have to feel sorry for nobody hehe,

goodnight bro

Edited by GTRBOS

bloody oath its good news, we were out for about and hour or so just driving around looking for the car making all these phone calls for nothing haha while the car had been found like 8hours earlier lmfaoo

MICKY I CAN SEE THE GUHE SMILE ON YOUR FACE MANN

Edited by GTRBOS

u mean micky is sooo lucky lol and yer i am happy actually because 1st of all i didnt really like seeing mick upset and 2nd of all lol i dont think we would of been going out this weekend coming but now that we have found the car again its gone be the barrier lol, i told mick just abit earlier dont worry everything is gone be alright lmfaoo im the mann

lazy moes tomorrow yer micky? we have to celebrate with the chicken parma lol

Edited by GTRBOS

OKAY OKAY NOW THAT IVE COMPOSED MYSELF I CAN REPLY TO THIS THREAD..

first of all tony thanks man for being there for me lookin for my car it meant the world to me i owe you mate.

2nd of all sicky this saturday night tony cause were going cruising hahahahaha..

now to recap.

yes the car has been found, the 2nd car stolen that night was driven into a pole, my car from what i have been told not a scratch on the body except for a busted ignition barrel and a damaged centre console. as far as i know all the parts are still there.. including my SP1's :P:D:D:D:D:D

Jakez88 - Mate im not going to lie to you, i did shed a tear over those rims, but having said that, it was those exact rims that made scum like this look twice at the car in the first place. LOCK NUTS FTW

DNGRUS- as happy as he is, i am over the moon with joy at the moment, hence the reason i am posting this at 5am.. still cant sleep, too excited lol

Basti - ALARM IS BEING ORGANISED A.S.A.P

just want to thank everyone on here for the support it means a lot and also like to point out that the car is going in for finger printing this morning, so hopefully something will come up there and that, along with the surveilance footage should be enough to give these bastards what they deserve.

u mean micky is sooo lucky lol and yer i am happy actually because 1st of all i didnt really like seeing mick upset and 2nd of all lol i dont think we would of been going out this weekend coming but now that we have found the car again its gone be the barrier lol, i told mick just abit earlier dont worry everything is gone be alright lmfaoo im the mann

lazy moes tomorrow yer micky? we have to celebrate with the chicken parma lol

TONY MAN LAZY MOES IS A MUST!!! LOL PARMAS ALL ROUND, BUT IL BE MEETING U THERE IN THE ACCORD... hahahaha i dont think i can bring myself to drive my car in that area again LMAO..

ohh yes whilst on the topic heads up to all..come from a police officers mouth. SKYLINES AT THE MOMENT ARE HOT ON THE MARKET FOR THEFT. theft numbers have risen unbelievably on skylines so please people, learn from me, lock them, check them again, garage them do what you must so you dont have to go through one of the days i just went through.

THANKS AGAIN

mate, did you have insurance? if yes, are you covered without an alarm?

how long have you had the car for?

hey mate had the car for just under a year now.. yes i am covered by 3rd party. but thankfully now, there is no need to make a claim on the car.