SAU Community

Apexi Air Pods For R34 Gtr

Hi all,

I am about to install an Apexi air pod kit on my r34 gtr, and I noticed that the 2 blue gaskets that fit in between the air pod itself and the silver metal part has a slightly different facing on one side of it. One side is completely blue and the other side is blue with a bit of a white through it. This is on both gaskets.

So I am curious to know which side faces the filter??? Or does it even matter???

Cheers,

Its the same as the single Apexi for GTS aswell. Mine had the same gasket.

As mentioned, it doesnt matter. Just like exhaust gaskets. one side is ususally flat and the other not. Just acts as something to squash and seal.

GL!

Thanks a bunch for all the replies guys! I installed the air pods yesterday and I have to say that I love the way my car sounds now!!! :) I mean, it sounds like im running high boost!!! Induction noise n all. Feels like it pulls slighty harder now... (errr duh! lol!)

I am really pleased with these filters!!! :down:

Although now, I have to find a way to shield it from the engine!

Anway, here are the pics...

post-38738-1227230870_thumb.jpg

post-38738-1227231111_thumb.jpg

post-38738-1227231171_thumb.jpg

post-38738-1227231268_thumb.jpg

post-38738-1227231327_thumb.jpg

post-38738-1227231464_thumb.jpg

post-38738-1227231520_thumb.jpg

^^^ looks good mate; the noise is fantastic ey!!!!

how long did it take you? oh did you clean your afm's while you had them out?

Cheers Johnny! Yeah i just cant get enough of the sound! lol!

Install took me about 1.5 hours! :happy: I was like constantly double checking to see if I was doing everything correct and making sure that I had tightened all the bults etc... LOL!!! But yeah I forgot to clean the afm's!!! shoulda done it while I had everything out! hehehe... :)

That looks nice!! Is ther anyway you can build a box around these fellows and make them street legal ?

I got pulled over in NSW the other day, and for the first time they asked me to pop the bonnet. All good since mine is stock, but if I want pods later on, just wondering if there is a way to place a custom box around it and be ok?

Do the BOVs sound louder?

That looks nice!! Is ther anyway you can build a box around these fellows and make them street legal ?

I got pulled over in NSW the other day, and for the first time they asked me to pop the bonnet. All good since mine is stock, but if I want pods later on, just wondering if there is a way to place a custom box around it and be ok?

Do the BOVs sound louder?

Cheers mate! Yeah Im sure people have fabricated custom heat shields/box for these pod filters but I have yet to find a good way to do that myself!

And yes the BOV's and induction sounds waaay louder! Slight flutter at times and sounds like im running over 20 pound! LOL! still running stock boost btw. :)

Edited by xanavinismo