SAU Community

Thinking Of Selling The 33

CAJFLY

i think the main two factors that determine how much your car will be worth is year model and kms not whats done to it.

As the majority of people buying will be looking at general condition of the car as opposed to whats done to it, mods generally dont add any value to a car.

Mines a 95 r33 with 120,000kms light mods for 200rwkws, i wouldnt expect much over 10k for mine. Its a great buyers market at the moment, i really want a 33 gtr as they are going for nothing these days, but the catch 22 is that i cant sell the car i currently own for as much as i think its worth.

to answer the original question, i reckon you would get about 10-12 grand for the r33, depending on condition and kms etc, and then you would find a decent stagea for around the 15k mark. (im not entirely sure on what stageas go for these days)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the main two factors that determine how much your car will be worth is year model and kms not whats done to it.

As the majority of people buying will be looking at general condition of the car as opposed to whats done to it, mods generally dont add any value to a car.

Mines a 95 r33 with 120,000kms light mods for 200rwkws, i wouldnt expect much over 10k for mine. Its a great buyers market at the moment, i really want a 33 gtr as they are going for nothing these days, but the catch 22 is that i cant sell the car i currently own for as much as i think its worth.

to answer the original question, i reckon you would get about 10-12 grand for the r33, depending on condition and kms etc, and then you would find a decent stagea for around the 15k mark. (im not entirely sure on what stageas go for these days)

I disagree, in fact i know that i will pay more for an arsito with wheels, lowered, fmic and fuel/speed cut defender than i would for a stocker, as with most imports a lot of people buy them to play with them, if the basics are already done then thats a good start, there are also the other people who dont want to spend the time and money doing the mods them selves so are after something with the mods already done, which of course is the cheaper way to do it.

At the end of the day it does matter to me if it has mods or not and i am willing to pay more for one with mods.

i love how people put dollar values on cars...

i stand by this well known quote

"something is only worth, what someone else is prepaired to pay for it"

so i spose you then test the waters.. start it at $13k as i see you've done (although i dont think a s1 is likely to sell for that value, its a good starting point)

and you progressivly drop it depending on how desperate you are to sell the car until it does actually sell!

i'm in the market for a S2 R33 ... and i know how much i am prepaired to pay for one that takes my fancy! and unless someone can better me ... i feel that is all the car is worth... as upsetting as it is.. well all need to be realistic about car values,... especially with the state of the 'economy' at the moment

you'd be mad to be looking for a stock 32 or 33 these days... they are 10-20 year old cars which means things are going to need to be replaced if they haven't already and the price of parts from Japan has just become pretty absurd... forget about building one up with nice Jap parts anymore

looking for a clean example should be one that looks really straight from underneath (chassis wise, drives straight etc) and the owner knows a lot about the car and any work that has been carried out... looking for cars with low kays and nice paint is the least of your worries, as the kays are almost always dubious and its relatively cheap to get paintwork fixed as opposed to replacing major components

plus well modded ones drive much better than wheezy stockers;)

and that's why you should click on the link in my sig hehe