SAU Community

Anyone Want To Help Me Install My Highflow

jippa

as title suggests im thinking of tackling this job myself to save some coin. not shure how involved its gona be and anyone with good mechanical knowledge will be a great help..its going to be a direct bolt on and i have most of the tools and an air compressor so if anyone wants too help :down: ........ beers are on me

can someone give me a time frame to allow for the turbo swap

cheers jippa

as title suggests im thinking of tackling this job myself to save some coin. not shure how involved its gona be and anyone with good mechanical knowledge will be a great help..its going to be a direct bolt on and i have most of the tools and an air compressor so if anyone wants too help :down: ........ beers are on me

can someone give me a time frame to allow for the turbo swap

cheers jippa

Its not a hard job at all mate.

Say 1 hour to get it off, then 2-3 to get it back on. Honestly the hardest bit i found is getting the damn banjo fittings back on for the oil and water lines.

Thats assuming everything is going to come off, to make it easier take the front pipe out with ya instead of trying to take the take off on the car.

I did it in 4 hours with also removing FMIC and cleaning out all the oil from a blown turbo.

edit - mis read first post haha

what was the highflow worth?

it was a swap with jash from c red. swaped my downhill race bike so value of round 1300...

hmmm oil everywhere ay.. :) dont like the sound of that.. will give it a go just got to pick my weekend

I am down like james brown my man. Just gimme a day and time, and if we are both free I am pretty sure I can talk Sean into dropping by as well.

I am always bang up for getting grubby. If you have a lappy I can bring my consult cable and whizz bang new timing light, and we can reset the base timing (including mapping the advance curve :) )and stuff as well.

well hopefully will be geting the turbo on monday so maybe in 2 weekends. will post a week in advance so anyone who wants to come and help can.. :P mesa gettin exa cited :D . thanks for the enthusiastic response dale will be keen for u n shonky to drop round..