SAU Community

Help! A Pillar Damage

robbo33

after finishing work today i arrived at the carpark to discover damage to my a pillar, above the drivers side window. I dont know how it happened, whether some amateur has tried using a scrwdriver to break into it?? i have no idea.

anyway im not sure whether it can be repaired or not. It seems to be only made of fibreglass, but a whole piece has been snapped off the panel.

Ive got a quote from riverside infiniti in the states for $US418 shipped which currently works out to be $640 aus.

Appreciate any help or advice!

Sorry to hear, it sucks seeing your pride and joy damaged. My rear bumper/nissan aero lip as well as my taillight was hit (presumably when the car next to me was reversing out) yesterday as well. Perhaps try japanparts.com (maybe cheaper than US) or ask around wreckers such as this one http://www.jappartswa.com.au/ (email - [email protected]) upon recommendation from DRIFTT.

From that photo it is very difficult to tell what is going on, it looks like it is fibreglass and that is easy to repair normally.

However if that is the driver's window and the damage is above it, I thought that would be steel.

Can you describe it better, or take a few pictures at better quality?

thanks for the responses guys.

yes it is the driver's side above the window, and its definately not steel. i still have the piece that was snapped off as it was sitting on the ground when i found it.

i guess i will just take it to a panel beater's to get a quote. Might give louie a call at xclusive colours

post-31032-1228119508_thumb.jpg

Edited by robbo33

If you still have the piece, do not lose it,

If it is steel, a good welder can fix and a re-paint is possible although difficult...

If it is fibreglass, many people can fix although strength could be a problem... and then it can be painted.

If it is Carbon (very doubtful - 1%) it can also be fixed similar to Fibreglass and painted.

Anyhow, don't stress it can be done, but I am afraid for it to look right a whole roof might need to be painted, and a good repair person may be needed.

Glass is the easiest to get right and a bit quicker.

Plastic? Really, that is even easier!!

Yep, your probably right with matching colour on 2nd look. I missed the rail...

Ooops..

If it is a coupe does the rear pillar get wide at the bottom of the rear quarter, that may be a bit harder but a good shop (as you said) should still have no problems.

so it is plastic. i thought so either that or glass.

anyone recommend a capable place to plastic weld this and decent colour matching?

how about luoie at xclusive?

also it has to be relatively cheap as i can order the entire a pillar panel painted same colour for $620 shipped from the states. i may be better off just doing this if the cost is to high to repair.

once again thanks for your help guys! ive got 20in works ready to be installed but want to get this fixed before i put wheels on!

IMO looks like someone tried to break into your car. that little plastic lip probably saved the entire car or some of your stuff inside!!

yeh thats what it looks like! im definately grateful that this was all i lost!

ouch.

Hope you get it fixed mate.

Let us know the $$ damage in case it happens to one of us in the future.

Some asshole drove over the front bar of mine with a 4wd. Only a tiny scratch that I buffed out. The asshole even left the carwith his number plate on top of my front bar!!!

He was lucky that I didn't kick in the entire front half of his car before I drove off.