SAU Community

New Car Arrived With Extra's !

manda23

Just recieved my car today after 2 and a half months after purchasing it. To be honest i paid over $35,000 for it in the end. The extra's im happy with is the impul chip the fijitsubo exhuast system (sounds quiet until about 35000> rpms) recaro seats , the advan 151c 19" wheels , reversing camera which is up under the licence plate which i like.

The alarm which i took a photo of works perfectly. It even starts the car when in neutral saves me having to go outside and warm it up . But i have a few things i have no idea what they do. The pictures are below so any help would be great.

I think the thing sitting on top of the steering column is a blue tooth can i get it to work here. The green swicth near the boot release i havent a clue and the same with the red button.

The garmon thing i think it has something to do with the remote but it has wires running from the back seat to the unit pictured and then wire that leads to the cig lighter.

With the alarm force F2000 is that australian approved or will i have to take it out ?

Also i want the side mirrors to fold down so i can see the gutter where is the switch for that !!

Thanks guys in advance.

post-55737-1227865374_thumb.jpg

post-55737-1227865391_thumb.jpg

post-55737-1227865409_thumb.jpg

post-55737-1227865426_thumb.jpg

post-55737-1227865440_thumb.jpg

post-55737-1227865457_thumb.jpg

post-55737-1227865496_thumb.jpg

Edited by manda23

1) The first picture looks like a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) probably for music.

2) Not sure what this is but on the lower left it looks like you have a controller for a on screen display. (I think that is what they are)

3) If you have the TV tuner I would guess this may be an override button.

4) No idea, but could it be related to the Bluetooth?

Hope you have fun with it.

Cheers

Andy

1) The first picture looks like a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) probably for music.

2) Not sure what this is but on the lower left it looks like you have a controller for a on screen display. (I think that is what they are)

3) If you have the TV tuner I would guess this may be an override button.

4) No idea, but could it be related to the Bluetooth?

Hope you have fun with it.

Cheers

Andy

THANKS

The first picture the panasonic unit is located under the seat i might see if there is a model number and google it.

I do have a HUD which works great.

I also do have a tv unit i have got sbs channel a few times. What do you mean override?

The thing on top of the steering column i believe is a bluetooth but how do i get it to work?

THANKS

The first picture the panasonic unit is located under the seat i might see if there is a model number and google it.

I do have a HUD which works great.

I also do have a tv unit i have got sbs channel a few times. What do you mean override?

The thing on top of the steering column i believe is a bluetooth but how do i get it to work?

The panasonic unit under the seat says PANASONIC CAR NAV UNIT MODEL NUMBER CN-HD900. Its also has a flip out panel to display a sd card slot. Can i stick something in there to play music and maybe oz navigation ?

Does anyone know why the windows even tho fully up make a noise when i close the doors ?

The dvd player in the glove box works fine too.

post-55737-1227869694_thumb.jpg

Edited by manda23

Does anyone know why the windows even tho fully up make a noise when i close the doors ?

I have noticed on my car that even though the windows are fully up, when you close the door they move up a tiny bit more about 1 cm or so

i guess this is done to ensure a tighter seal betwean the doors/windows and the outside

confused me the 1st couple of time i heard it

go outside the car open and close the door and u will see what i am talking about

I have noticed on my car that even though the windows are fully up, when you close the door they move up a tiny bit more about 1 cm or so

i guess this is done to ensure a tighter seal betwean the doors/windows and the outside

confused me the 1st couple of time i heard it

go outside the car open and close the door and u will see what i am talking about

yeah it did the same thing. I thought i had some feature that when i leave the car it automatically wines the windows up. That would have been cool. Another question on my key i have 3 buttons one to un-lock one to lock and another one with a picture of a lock with two lines. Does that mean i dont have a boot release remote button.

i think the windows going up further is a security feature. nissans (S15/S14s especially) were easily broken into by shoving a big screw driver under the window lip and popping the glass out. this prevents it from happening!

The panasonic unit under the seat says PANASONIC CAR NAV UNIT MODEL NUMBER CN-HD900. Its also has a flip out panel to display a sd card slot. Can i stick something in there to play music and maybe oz navigation ?

Ahh, my bad. The SD slot will be to update maps. I guess you now need to see if you can find local maps for your system. I probably will not play music then.

The Japanese TV tuners are not compatible with Aust frequencies. If you want to watch TV on OZ you will need an Aust standard tuner.

The screen should go blank when you release the park brake. The override makes the screen work at all times.

Being a frame less door. the windows are probably moving down a fraction when opened and going up a fraction when closed to get a good seal.

Cheers

Andy

Ahh, my bad. The SD slot will be to update maps. I guess you now need to see if you can find local maps for your system. I probably will not play music then.

The Japanese TV tuners are not compatible with Aust frequencies. If you want to watch TV on OZ you will need an Aust standard tuner.

The screen should go blank when you release the park brake. The override makes the screen work at all times.

Being a frame less door. the windows are probably moving down a fraction when opened and going up a fraction when closed to get a good seal.

Cheers

Andy

I will test it out. I dont have an australian turner but i still got sbs and another station how can that be ?

1: HDD for navigation system - useless. the unit will also have a TV and DVD function ( I have two of them here.) DVD will be locked to jpn unless you put a open region DVD in. TV wont really work properly (based ont he two I have here.)

2: no idea. its not a TV controller as you do not have the OE system in place.

3: nice place to put the alarm override. no idea on black switch. looks dealer fitted.

4: antenna system for the remote starter.

5&6: nice remote. chinese unit not oz stds - surprised they left it there (then agin I think I know whose sheets they are using as well.) for insurance it will probably have to come out.

7: microphone for the handsfree setup that goes with the panasonic combo. its not BT. there will be a cable somewhere for a phone to plug into.

1: HDD for navigation system - useless. the unit will also have a TV and DVD function ( I have two of them here.) DVD will be locked to jpn unless you put a open region DVD in. TV wont really work properly (based ont he two I have here.)

2: no idea. its not a TV controller as you do not have the OE system in place.

3: nice place to put the alarm override. no idea on black switch. looks dealer fitted.

4: antenna system for the remote starter.

5&6: nice remote. chinese unit not oz stds - surprised they left it there (then agin I think I know whose sheets they are using as well.) for insurance it will probably have to come out.

7: microphone for the handsfree setup that goes with the panasonic combo. its not BT. there will be a cable somewhere for a phone to plug into.

there is wires up on top of the dash where the HUD is .

Also what about my key why dont i have a boot release on it

post-55737-1227873100_thumb.jpg

post-55737-1227873115_thumb.jpg

bin the other one - then its fixed.. not a fan of rice ask anyone who has brought a car in via brissy. there is usually a BIG pile of crap left in the boot once I'm done. the blue lights are not legal anyway. cops/RTA will have a field day with you is they see them on at night.

bin the other one - then its fixed.. not a fan of rice ask anyone who has brought a car in via brissy. there is usually a BIG pile of crap left in the boot once I'm done. the blue lights are not legal anyway. cops/RTA will have a field day with you is they see them on at night.

Yes i know they are illegal but they only work when i open the doors. once i start the car they switch off ! :ninja:

Just recieved my car today after 2 and a half months after purchasing it. To be honest i paid over $35,000 for it in the end. The extra's im happy with is the impul chip the fijitsubo exhuast system (sounds quiet until about 35000> rpms) recaro seats , the advan 151c 19" wheels , reversing camera which is up under the licence plate which i like.

The alarm which i took a photo of works perfectly. It even starts the car when in neutral saves me having to go outside and warm it up . But i have a few things i have no idea what they do. The pictures are below so any help would be great.

I think the thing sitting on top of the steering column is a blue tooth can i get it to work here. The green swicth near the boot release i havent a clue and the same with the red button.

The garmon thing i think it has something to do with the remote but it has wires running from the back seat to the unit pictured and then wire that leads to the cig lighter.

With the alarm force F2000 is that australian approved or will i have to take it out ?

Also i want the side mirrors to fold down so i can see the gutter where is the switch for that !!

Thanks guys in advance.

For anyone in the future this is what i have found . The second photo with the green button next to the boot release when playing a dvd and switch the button on it lights up and two things happen.

Firstly the bose stero says AUX and sound now comes from the factory speakers i dont know where the sound was coming from before but it was veryfaint.

Secondly some lights under the seats light up , pretty cool.

The third photo is an air purifier pressed it lets out a fresh smell.

Still cant work out the last photo yet. I tried looking around for cables or wires loose couldnt find nothing but didnt want to pull anything apart.

Edited by manda23

• 4 weeks later...

Windows come down a little, then push-up to fully closed when the door is shut for a very good reason.

By utilizing a 'pressure differential/parity effect'; your huge 'air-tight' V35 doors are able to close smoothly, and not 'ajar'.

The net effect also has assists with protecting/creating a better weather seal...(though, I believe, wasn't the primary concept).....some very good technical designing here!

My R33 and my VJ charger could've done with that concept...forever slamming the doors to ensure proper closure...not any more but!!

Cheers....and a safe Chrissy to my fellow Liner's!!!...Bless.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring back an old post, but can someone tell me where i can get my hands on this aftermarket mount and screen shown in the picture?